“Don't stay here”

Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I came to the red roof inn based off a recommendation and regret it. I drove to California from Seattle to go to Disney land, showed up at 2 to check In, dropped off my stuff and left right away...I came back after the park had closed ( to the hotel by 1am) pulled my sheets back (I always check the sheets) and found giant fecal matter skid marks on the sheets. In my opinion that is complete laziness, negligence and horribly disgusting. Not to mention I had to call the front desk at 1 am to get new sheets and remake the bed myself. I was highly dissatisfied with the cleanliness, the staff and the stay over all and would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone. I wish I knew how to attach a picture of the sheets.

3  Thank stevie g
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Stevie G.,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Santa Ana Red Roof,. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We did , however,made adjustments to your rate because of the inconvenience you experienced. We appreciate your input and it is our hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I must say that my stay here recently was very pleasant clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly & very helpful in fact being that I was not familiar with the area one of their staff members, Patricia was nice enough to answer & guide me as to where I could find specific places nearby & mind you I had more them a handful of questions. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again, or recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Jnav 2010,
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a comment about your stay at RRI, Santa Ana,CA. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and Patty was able to help you out. We always strive to provide the best service to our dear customers. I will share your nice comments to Patty. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff at the Red Roof Inn made my future choice of hotels very easy, it's the Red Roof Inn from here on out for me. The registration was fast and easy as I am wheelchair bound. Accommodations were roomy and clean and the cleaning staff was always cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear 52Jack,
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA as your lodging needs. We always strive to provide the best service to our guests.Thank you for saying positive comments about our hotel. I will share your positive comments to my staff, especially to Rachel, Janet and the housekeeping staff.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Before I start ranting, I will say that this place is very inexpensive and so I didn't really expect too much. However, we requested a non-smoking room and evidently the rooms are non-smoking only when you are not currently smoking in them. The smell made me gag all night long. The carpet, bathroom floor, and both bedspreads were covered in burn holes. There were weird hand-prints all over the bathroom door. We planned on staying for over a week so requested a room change to the "updated" area of the motel. Nothing was available. The staff agreed to move us to another non-smoking area which, while still smelling uncomfortable, was mostly smoke-free. Our bed spreads still had burn holes in them and despite that the entire floor was to be smoke-free, clearly the neighbors were lighting up all night long.
There is a pool area which the kids enjoyed however the hot tub that I would have liked to use was broken about 50% of the time with caution tape all over it.
I suspect some of the other guests are long-time residents and definitely give the place a shady quality.
The last day of our stay we noticed that there was graffiti on the headboard of the bed and we were so excited to leave!
I will say that the staff there is pretty accommodating and very nice. It's not their fault that they work in a dump!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie B
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Stephanie B.,
I do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I appreciate your honest comments regarding our hotel and we will use your comments to retrain our housekeeping staff so issues do not occur in the future. We want our valued guests, like you, to be happy with their stay with us and we value your opinion.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

For the price we couldn't have expected anything else. The room was spacious, clean. Nice location next to the mall and another shopping center. Front desk staff was helpful with everything. The bed was comfortable. Nothing disappointing at all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear JCStolz,
Thank you for taking the time out to review my hotel and the pleasant experience you had here at Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. Our primary goal is to make our valued guest, like you, to have a pleasant and happy stay. We appreciate your nice comments.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I are from Sanger, CA and we stayed here on the weekend of LA religious Ed Congress. Our room was spacious, clean and our bed was very comfortable. The area is also very nice and quiet. It is also in a central location and close to everything (shopping, starbucks, restaurants). The Manager, Agnes was very professional and hospitable. She made us feel right at home. The staff was also very friendly and concerned about how our stay was. Another plus for us was that the Anaheim convention center where the congress took place was no more than 7-8 minutes away, which made it a prime location for us. We will definitely be staying here every time we come back to LA congress or are in the Santa Ana area. Thank you Red Roof Inn, Agnes and staff for an awesome hotel experience!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Vanessa L.,
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA for your lodging needs. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your positive and encouraging comments to my staff. We always strive to provide the best service to our valued guest, like you. Again, thank you very much and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is the best value in the area. They have the best prices, and the rooms are big, clean, and well kept. The housekeeping staff is friendly and efficient. The maintenance staff responds promptly and is always willing to help. The front desk staff is excellent. They are efficient, professional, polite, and friendly. They have responded promptly to any requests that I have had, and they go out of their way to anticipate my needs when I walk through the door. I am an extended stay customer, and I have had especially good service with Rachel at the front desk. I highly recommend this hotel. - Thanks

Room Tip: All the rooms I have had have been good.