“Best in the Area”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Anaheim, California
“Best in the Area”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I've spent a lot of time in many of the hotels in the area. And this is my first review.

(That's because my Mother used to say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)

But regardless of price, Red Roof is the best in the area.

They truly understand the needs of their guests.

Forever prompt and helpful, when you have a special request or a problem.

They're fanatics about cleanliness. This is the first hotel I've seen for instance, where the manager personally does weekly room checks to make sure everything is spotless and in working order.

The rooms are really quiet. The other guests courteous.

The rooms themselves feel like they've remodeled.

They have all the amenities you'd come to expect from a more upscale hotel. Pool. Jacuzzi. Wireless Internet.

What's really nice is the hotel's next to a Main Place extremely classy mall, a trendy-looking plaza and down the street is the kids Discovery Museum as well as other art museums. Plus the art district and colleges are just down the street.

For the price, it's MORE THAN COMPETITIVE with other hotels in the area. It's a bargain.

PS: A shout to Agnes, head manager. Janet, Rachel and Patti. These ladies are the best.

PPS: I don't have them, but they're also kid and pet-friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a Kitchenette room if they have them available, although all the rooms have microwaves and n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BusinessGuest92651

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I recently stayed at this location while visiting the Discovery Center. The front desk was great especially Rachel she was quick to process my paperwork and made sure I got a room of my greatest wishes. She even took the time to make sure the maid had cleaned my room well before I recieved it. The hotel is easily accesable to the freeway, has many great restuarants around. I had an excellent experience. My greatest thanks to the front office staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy C
San Mateo
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I've stayed at Red Roof Inn (RRI) several times over the years. But it had been a few years since my last visit. I made a business / family and wanted to stay in this specific hotel, because of the great service I had experienced on at least four visits to this specific Inn over the past 15 years.

What makes this Inn so special, is that it was originally a Best Western before becoming a RR Inn. The rooms definitely a cut above the classic RR Inn's I've visited in the mid-west & south. Each room has a free wi-fi, real wood chest of drawers to organize your clothes, a mini-fridge and a microwave. I tested the wi-fi speed and it was 2 million bits per second. That's excellent for email and web-browsing. If I'm staying for 3-4 days I like getting 'moved-in' right away and feeling at home.

Another nice benefit is the Polly's restaurant just adjacent to the Inn. They have a 10% discount for RR Inn's. Just show your key card when you pay the bill. Polly's is famous for it's great food and generous servings, a very popular place in Santa Ana. My local family always loves to gather at Polly's when I'm staying at the Roof.

If you select a Superior King room, you also get free long distance. In my case that is helps a lot for being able to stay in touch with friends and business clients. It also includes a quality coffee maker in the room.

But the real joy is the pleasant service the staff provides. Whether it's asking how to use the micro-wave, fresh towels or replace a light bulb. This visit, I arrived on Tuesday at night. When I wanted to go sleep, there was one panel in one of window blinds that was missing. The window was directly under a building spotlight and the light was so bright I couldn't get to sleep. The staff asked the maintenance man to help. He quickly suggested connecting the bath towels with paperclips to make an impromptu light barrier. This fixed the problem, and I was very grateful.

This is the kind of thoughtful, friendly service you can expect at the Red Roof Inn in Santa Clara. I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn if are visiting or doing business in Santa Ana, or the surrounding cities like Orange, Anaheim, or Garden Grove. The proximity to Disneyland is great, and the price of rooms is very economical.

It also has a nice swimming pool with jacuzzi, where I got good exercise. There are also 'apartment-building' style for guests who book a room for a whole week.

Finally, it is pet friendly, and this let my sister visit me in the room with her little 'Benji'. This wouldn't be possible at many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you need fast wireless for your internet in the room, ask for a room close to the office The qui...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed April 6, 2012

well first off i pay for my brother to stay at there weekly rooms when the girls at the desk arent trying to scam on the prices,i asked for a specific room and rachael claimed she didnt have the more economical rated room and than she changed her story when i confronted her with the inconsistancy she than had my brother travel all the way down there to attempt to peddle off the 271.00 room instead of the 244.00 we discussed.he left and im trying to figure out how they have the nerve to charge that much for rooms that arent up to cleanliness standards,they have bedbugs and every time i send my brother there i bleach the sheets pillow cases clean door knobs etc cleanliness is not the strong point for the weeklies the maids are lazy obviously,they need to hire real help and stop being slum lords.now as for the daily rooms the cleanliness is up to standard but the weekly stay away unless you have bleach and a cross.one last thing i called back that night and the kicker was that the rate was no longer 271 but 281 thats when i had enough with janet who quoted that rate not knowing that i got all the details previously of the rate. in the ocweekly the price clearly says starting at 169.99 and up for four months they claim to never have that rate thats what you call the bait and switch technique.if they keep up with activity and inconsistancy of pricing i might actually call the proper health agencies etc with my findings because the cleanliness yuk 0 stars for the weekly

Room Tip: i recommend the comfort inn and suites near john wayne airport or the rodeway inn near the conventio...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachelle R
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Miss Rachelle R. Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana. We do have extended stay rates but rate varies depending on the room type and room availability. Our Ad mentions our rate "starts at ...." Since we have very limited number of rooms we cannot always guarantee that we will have the room rate you are asking for. The weekly rate that we put in the Ad changes. It is a promotional rate. Therefore, it is not guaranteed that the rate will always be the same. I am sorry if this cause any confusion.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I think that the Red Roof Hotel is just wonderful. I stay there often, and think it's great!!! The staff is nice, kind, and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2011

recently stayed at the red roof inn santa ana, was here on vacation, visiting disney, the staff was friendly and helpful, also enjoyed their facilities, especially the hot tub, was very relaxing, the rooms were very clean, will definitly return here . also would like to thank Patty and the rest of the staff for their hospitality.

Room Tip: buildind C is closest to hot tub
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alex a
SASKATCHUWAN
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We have been staying at the RR usually on weekends for the past 14 months. For over the past 10 years I have traveled the western states plus Co. , Wy. and including 22 counties within these states......What this means is, is that I've spent a life time in different Hotels and Motels. And what I will say that the Santa Ana Ca. location easily takes the cake in terms of overall satisfaction. We will continue to stay and by all means , refer RR to people that can appreciate being pampered and treated very well during their stay.

Warmest regards,

Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Red Roof Inn Santa Ana? Share your experiences!