“Good Hotel with great rates and decent location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
So. Cal.
“Good Hotel with great rates and decent location”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed one night after going to the OC fair. The staff was very helpful on check in and valet was same price as self parking. The beds were comfortable, the toiletries were better than average, and overall we had a good night sleep. The hotel is close the the Southcoast plaza and easy to get to from the freeway. The down side... there are no microwaves in the room, the fridge was so loud we had to unplug it, the gym is only big enough for 2 people at a time, and if you need complete dark to sleep in in the morning ask for a room facing North. The only real downside to the stay was the noise of the fridge. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: the curtains let light through so ask for a North facing room if you like to sleep in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Clovis, California
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very nice lobby, nice rooms, excellent bartender. I would have ranked this hotel higher, but the staff who worked at breakfast both days we stayed were terrible. I found them rude and unhelpful. I am extremely patient with staff when they are clearly busy or have lots of guests to assist in addition to myself and my family. However, when it is my family and one other table in the restaurant, please do not act as if you do not see us. In addition, please do not be in such a rush to breakdown the breakfast buffet 20 minutes prior to its closing time that most of the items are not kept fresh (the oatmeal had more skin on top than oatmeal on the bottom). My advice to this property would be to re-train or replace the morning wait staff. My other advice, give your bartender a raise, the guy is awesome and goes the extra mile. I am a Hilton Diamond member, so have stayed at plenty of properties and like good service especially when paying a premium price.

3 Thank Paul B
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Paul,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. I am truly sorry that you had a negative experience in the restaurant and breakfast staff. I can assure you that I will address this with them personally to continually increase our service levels to all of our guests. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our bartender Thierry. He is a valued team member and deserves the accolades.

We hope that we can have you as our guest again when you are in the area.

La Quinta, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a wonderfully conveniently located hotel. Easy access in and out of the facility. It is close to all the great shopping, dining, and fun places to go. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mary,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am happy to hear that you find us to be conveniently located and a great value. More importantly, I appreciate your comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass this along to them.

We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here for several nights recently. The hotel and rooms are a little dated but otherwise fine. Beds are comfortable - A/C was nice and cold though a bit noisy. Mini frig in the room was nice to have. Front desk staff was helpful at check-in and later when I needed to extend my stay for a night.

Problems - Meritage restaurant and bar is a nice space but the food is very mediocre. Quality of breakfast buffet was not good - eggs had an awful texture and the sausage was overcooked. Fruit didn't taste fresh -- service was average. Parking can be a little tight at the hotel, especially if there is an event going on at night. They might ask you to park in a nearby garage.

Also, we got stuck in an elevator one morning. We used the phone in the elevator to notify someone and he said he would send someone to open it. After a ten minute wait and no change, we called again. The same person answered - we told him we were still stuck and his response was "Oh". After another 5 minutes, the doors finally opened.

Overall a decent stay. Location of hotel is convenient to Santa Ana and surrounding areas.

2 Thank philtay
Philtay,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for your experiences with the quality of the restaurant food and the elevator incident. The comfort and safety of our guests is our number one priority. Rest assured, I will address these issues with the staff as well as the elevator company.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Santa Ana, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great services, average priced food and drinks, beds comfortable, pool and whirlpool clean and well kept. Staff friendly. Shuttle drivers nice and helpful. Sad that my room did not have mini-fridge and microwave and my coffe pot was broken and did not get fixed. Bummed there was not much to do around hotel when you haven't a rental car and all is too far to walk to. Overall, enjoyed my stay in the hotel and surrounding restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rebecca,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly sorry that your room did not have adequate (working) amenities during your stay. I will ensure that they are fixed for the next guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and hope to welcome you back as our guest soon!!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights on business. Helpful staff at checkin provide a warm cookie and a list of restaurants with the distance from the hotel. Had a room facing the front - better off facing the back if street noice or lights from the street bother you. The hotel has a decent restaurant for breakfast and had a business dinner here as well. Small outdoor pool on the second floor is a pleasant retreat with lounge chairs. My room was spotless and the bed was comfortable with higher end linens. Great water pressure in the shower was a surprise given the drought situation. Onsite parking garage with easy access via the room key was a big plus. This is a convenient location for business in Irvine and minutes away from Santa Ana airport. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MToro,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer and that the staff was helpful. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed here around 10 times and the cookies are great but the rooms tired a little and the layout is just so so. It is not easy to find even though it should be given how close it is to the airport. I have no complaints as it is in my OK bin of places I wills stay for one or two nights max

Room Tip: any room is OK
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!