“Needs a Detailed Cleaning”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
DC
“Needs a Detailed Cleaning”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel is in a nice location, offering easy accessibility to I-405 and great shopping and dining at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa and Fashion Island in Newport Beach. At a glance, this hotel seemed nicely kept. However, when it came to the cleanliness of my room, many spots were overlooked. All of the light switches had a dark, grimy buildup in the crevices. The thermostat was full of dust as well as the return grille. The refrigerator had not been cleaned. Additionally, there was not a properly fitted mattress pad on the bed. It seemed that a queen size pad was used on a king size bed. This made for a lumpy, uncomfortable feeling when lying on either side of the bed. The bathroom was not properly ventilated. There was an exhaust fan, but it did not work well. The bathroom would get so steamy during a shower, the bathroom door had to be left open. However, this made the room itself unpleasantly humid. Due to all of these factors, I found it difficult to truly relax and enjoy my stay here. However, all of the staff I encountered were very friendly and professional. I think the service deserves extra credit (that's why I didn't give a two-star rating). Also, as a gesture of hospitality, we were given a warm cookie upon arrival. I would not recommend eating it, though, as it is made with many unnecessary additives (e.g., propylene glycol).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank GoldenMonarch
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Golden Monarch,

Thank you very much for your honest review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and engineering team in order to ensure proper and detailed cleaning of the guestrooms and functioning bathroom fans. We strive to ensure a positive and memorable stay and hope we can have you back again to prove this to be the truth. I do appreciate the kind words regarding the service of the staff and will be sure to pass this on to the team.

Thanks again for your review.

Rob Koscelnik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
san diego, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2014

employees in the restaurant, front desk and the manager are rude. manager even argued about the issue of complementary breakfast and i want to stay somewhere elses since he's doesnt care and rude, he even suggested me to stay else which really pisses me off. total RUDE.. will never stay here again. AND I THINK BEING A GOLD MEMBER IS NOTHING FOR THEM.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

5 Thank Kanill E
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Kanill,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide you the high quality of service that you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel (especially Hilton HHonors Members) and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we value your business. We would love having you as a guest and hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Kind Regards,
Santa Ana, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Very clean, and it was a nice romantic getaway, I asked them to decorate my room with rose pedals and birthday signs and they did an amazing job! there is nothing bad i can really say about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Susana T
Susana,

Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay with us!! I am so glad to hear that the staff took care of your requests and created a wonderful memory for you!! I will be sure to pass this on to the team.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!!

orando, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2014

this airport hotel does not offer any morning coffee in the lobby and the dining room does not open until 6 am no coffee for early morning flights. fitness room is the size of shoe box with limited fitness equipment rooms are nice and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Joseph,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay. I truly value your feedback and appreciate your business. We are always willing to be flexible and meet the needs of our guests, as such you can now receive coffee in the early morning prior to your flight. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Cosa Mesa, CA
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Pros
+good room w amenities
+staff super nice, even the concierge and parking staff
+courtesy shuttle
+love the cookie-:)

Cons
-parking fees
-Internet fees

Summary
The additional fees would deter me from booking a room, unless the rates are low! Unless I can figure out a way to use the shuttle better, the parking fees are a rip-off.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Xenoglosophilic
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Xenoglosophilic,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind review of some of the amenities and more importantly our biggest asset...our staff!! I will be sure to pass the sentiment along to them. I am sorry that the extra fees would deter you from staying with us again in the future. We do offer many different packages online that include Internet and parking and you can find them at our hotel website. You can also sign up with Hilton HHonors and enjoy the many benefits of being an HHonors member, such as Internet, parking and breakfast.

I do hope we can have you as our guest again in the future!!

Fontana, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very nice accommodations. Everyone very friendly. The women cleaning the rooms were great and very accommodating. Went for a wedding where we all stayed. They were able to put us all together except for the last minute guest.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Lisa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the event was a success!! I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding our staff.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The rooms are super nice and the staff is friendly. If you're lucky, you'll get a room on the side with a good view! Valet is available for $19 or you can park your vehicle in the deck downstairs for free. The Meritage Restaurant has a great little bar scene, especially if you are traveling on business. Food there is good too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us!! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team here. Keep your eye open in the restaurant and bar as we are upgrading our menu selections in the coming months.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!