DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My flight was delayed coming in so I was not at the hotel all that long. I checked in around 2am and left by 9am. The desk staff was very nice. And my room was nice and it was big as I was upgraded. It seemed pretty nicely located.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

RovingCOO,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay and more importantly, thanks for staying with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future and you can enjoy some of the amenities the hotel and surrounding area have to offer.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice room, comfortable bed (most important), and staff was very friendly. Great place to stay close to John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana). Access to hotel is easy and you can self park or valet. I recommend valet as it is very convenient and is only a few bucks more that self park.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our location to be easily accessible and comfortable. Thank you for your kind words about the staff at the hotel as I feel they are our biggest asset. We hope to have you as our guest again soon

Regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family needed a place to stay on a Saturday night for my nephew's wedding. The bride and groom got a very good rate for anyone attending the wedding but it turned out that our AAA rate was even better. We were able to get an early check-in to freshen up and have lunch before the wedding. The staff was helpful and polite throughout our visit. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance. We ate onsite and had cocktails at the bar. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTGSDB, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed the time here and it sounds as though the wedding was a success!! We look forward to having you as our guest soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We reserved a block of rooms for family and friends for my daughter's wedding and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their stay at the hotel. The rooms were nice with all amenities;the restaurant served excellent food; we used the shuttle service and it was prompt and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the many amenities we have to offer. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Me and my girlfriend like to get away for a day once a week and this is the perfect opportunity. Weekend prices can't be beat. We love the free cookies and sometimes we ask for some at checkout which they gladly oblige. This is our go-to hotel and I highly recommend it if you want to just have a nice weekend getaway from everyone else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Darrell,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that we can be your "getaway" place of choice. We will be happy to welcome you back anytime!!

Thanks again!!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Me and my husband got a great deal at this hotel through priceline. We stayed 2 nights and had a great experience. The parking for check in is very small. It's a little roundabout in front of the hotel but we got lucky and all the cars were leaving as we arrived. Check in was simple and quick and we were given 2 of their warm, delicious cookies while checking in. They were exactly what we needed after a 4 hour drive and one of the best cookies we've ever had. We were fortunate and ended up getting a corner suite. We had double the views of the city and airport from the room which was beautiful, especially at night. The room was spotless! Very spacious, warm and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and basic toiletries. I forgot to pack shampoo and was hesitant to use the complementary ones provided by the hotel because my skin is very sensitive but the shampoo was wonderful and smelled amazing. Overall, we had a great experience. The only down side is that self parking is $15 per day. Also, the room we got had an optional adjoining room. So we were separated by a standard regular door from the other room and the guests in the other room did get a little loud the first night we were there. Nothing too serious though. Even still, we would definitely stay here again the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our delicious Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies...we agree, they ARE the best cookies ever!! We do have several different room types in the hotel and most without the connecting door and keep checking our website for great deals throughout the year. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Wonderful !! Very Clean and relaxing. I will always choose Double Tree. My first stay and for now on this is the hotel I will look for. Thanks. It felt like home away from home. Did not want to get out of my comfy bed to catch my shuttle to the airport. Had stayed in a previous hotel for 4 days before coming here and this was much cheaper and much nicer. Very Clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us I am so happy to hear that you have found your "home away from home." We will be happy to welcome you back when you are in the area!!