“Not the best hotel property”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Bellingham, United States
“Not the best hotel property”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

There was only one working elevator resulting in long delays getting to/from room. Valet and self parking was full, we were directed to park in a lot that was closed until 6am. The bathroom needed updates.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rob A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The people working at this hotel were very helpful and pleasant to work with. I had an issue with my room and they took care of it quickly and efficiently. The front desk was extremely easy to work with and anxious to help with questions or other issues. The only negative was 1 elevator was out of service and took a long time to go to room.

Castaic, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

First of all, I chose this location because it is off the beaten track and I was performing at a trade show in Anaheim. I have stayed at this Doubletree before for the same reason. For some reason, they put my wife and I in a Handicap room without a tub and a single sink instead of a dual vanity. We were in a hurry and did not have time to request another room. It was a real pain trying to get ready because of the bathroom being made for a wheel chair shower and no tub- also, not enough towels for two people! Check in was also very slow, unusual for this hotel. When you are traveling and in a hurry, things really need to be right. I paid for early check in so my room would be ready when I arived so there is no excuse for not having the proper room ready. It made everything I had to do more dificult.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Kawansu

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We are sorry about only one elevator as we are upgrading our elevators with a new SMART SYSTEM that will make them faster and friendly. Moreover, we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.
Monty
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I would like to appluad the staff at this hotel. They were extremely friendly on very kind. I also would like to thank Vicky who always greated me with a warm smile and a good morning sir.I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Santa Ana, CA, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family, and this is our first stay at doubletree properties. The lobby was nice and clean and the staffs were friendly. Cookies/breakfast were great. There was a big wedding ceremony on the 1st day and one of the elevator was out of order, and due to these, I assume the overall service was in delay. The party lasted until midnight and I could here noise in our room. The first room I got had hair in a bed in many places, so switched room. I asked for some bottled water to deliver to our room for a couple of times, but they never came. Room key frequently failed for parking entry/exit so I had to drop by front desk to renew a couple of times. I think things would be different if I visit there again. But I am not sure if I would stay here next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Kwangsu A
Santa Ana, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff at the front desk were help in-person, but their phone etiquette could use some training. Every single time I called for early check-in the person answering the calls gave me attitude. Furthermore, the wedding party was give rooms next to families who were sleeping….obviously not a great combination. The structure of the hotel is weird and the elevators are slow. If you decide to take the stairs it may lead you to the loading garage or the street. I thought Hilton would have their act together. I don't think I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Indio, California
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as we had a very early flight out of SNA and returned a week later very late so stayed again. Used Park & Fly and was able to leave car at hotel & use shuttle to/from airport. All went well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
No photo provided

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!