“Quiet and Beautiful Room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Santa Clara, California
“Quiet and Beautiful Room”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Upon checking in, guess receiving warm cookies from the hotel staff. The room was nice and plenty of space for a couple. Parking is being charged for $15 although the sign states $17 for overnight stayed. The area surrrounding hotel is a quiet neighborhood with few shops and a gas station around the corner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Penn Valley
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great rooms. Great rates.Great staff.The big let down is the breakfast buffet. Luke warm food at best and I don't know what those yellow things were, they said they were scrambled eggs, but I'm not sure. I did talk tho the front desk and the response was " I will make a note of it". Not the customer service I would expect from Doubletree.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bigdogPennValley
Shashi P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Your comments regarding the poor quality of food at breakfast buffet and front desk response were very disturbing to me as they certainly do not represent the quality of service we have proudly built our reputation. I can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure that other guests do not encounter similar issues. Please accept my sincere apologies for not living up to our usual high level of service and quality of food.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I recently visited this hotel for business and I had a great experience. I was greeted by a friendly staff. At reception I was greeted by Joel Aguilar. He checked me in very quickly. He was also very thoughtful. I let him know that it was my birthday so he had a small cake sent over to my room with a happy birthday card signed by the front desk staff. I was also handed a warm cookie which was very nice. I was very satisfied with my room. It was very clean and there where no bedbugs. The area is also very quite at night. They have a complementary shuttle service which is very convenient when traveling. Overall, I was one happy guy! I definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in this area.

Santa Ana, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at a room that was set up for hearing impaired persons for the rate quoted. I am not sure if there were service dogs that stayed in the same room in the past, but I had bug bites on my feet when I sat on the sofa. The bed was very soft on one side and firm on the other. My room had two queen-sized beds and both beds seemed to have the same issues. I woke up with back pain three days in a row. I would expect better mattresses from a Double Tree Hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to my business associates or friends.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Louisa F
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and provide us with your feedback. It seems that everything that could go wrong during your visit, did go wrong and for that I offer my profound apologies. While we attempt to instill the importance of absolute accuracy in room assignment, once in a great while situation may arise whereby guests may be assigned to a room which may not be of their preference. Clearly, a comfortable clean bed is a fundamental service you should expect at any Hotel. I want you to know that we do have a program of regular mattress rotation as well as box springs inspection. I am pleased to let you know that we have just replaced majority of the mattresses and remaining mattresses are scheduled to be replaced in the 1st quarter of 2014. We also have Pest Control Company that is certified and does monthly inspection of our guest rooms and back of the house area to insure we have no bed bug issues. Please be assured that the comfort of our guests is of primary importance to us. I sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you whenever your travel brings you to this area
Waunakee
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Doubletree is typically a step up from Garden Inn, which is part of why I expect to pay a bit more for the Doubletree room. In this case, this particular location is not a step up from the Garden Inn. As another reviewer mentioned, this hotel needs updating. My room was small and overlooked a roof with mechanicals...no big deal except my cellphone signal was almost nil. Valet parking is $15.00 a night, which seems excessive for this location, particularly with the room at $129 a night. Soup and salad (no drink) came to $29.00 with room service charges. The location simply isn't worth the expense. In addition, my room was not ready upon my check in - at 4:30. The stay wasn't horrible, just not what I expect from Hilton. I loved that I was able to get to the airport easily from this location.

1 Thank mschristinedwyer
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed in this hotel many times. Clean room and good services.Very convenient for business traveler. There is a shuttle bus service if you do not have rental car. Will continue to stay in this hotel if I visit the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cali
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We often stay at this location, always nice. This is the first time we experienced something unpleasant. There was quite a bit of hair in the bath tub. Like I said, the first time of many, all other stays were absolutely great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for providing us with your feedback concerning your recent stay at our Hotel. I can understand how disappointed you must be to find hair in the bath tub. There is certainly no excuse for this type of oversight. Please be assured that your comment has been shared with the staff and steps have been taken to prevent such type of recurrence. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!