DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The attitude...”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The front desk personnel attitude was unbelievable. I called late at night asking for a bottle of water to take meds. They denied and told me to go to a vending machine...even when I told them I did not have any change and that they can charge my account they denied and told me to go get change and use the vending machine for water...that was awful.

In the morning, went for the breakfast. Asked for tea...twice...waitress never brought me it. I wrote a note on the check saying that waitress did not attend to me at all...only showed up to have me sign the check. I will not stay there again. There are other hotels in the area that are a lot more friendly where I have been staying for almost couple years.

4 Thank Kalim Q
Shashi P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Your experience regarding rude desk clerk and waitress at the restaurant are very disturbing to me as they certainly do not represent the quality of service we have proudly built our reputation. It should not be necessary but, occasionally, we must remind our staff that we are in a highly competitive business, where good service is often the distinguishing feature between us and our competition. Service is our business and there is no room on our staff for anyone who is rude to our guests. Again, I certainly appreciate your taking the time to inform of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Terrific hotel! Very comfortable, clean and attractive. The staff at this hotel were very welcoming, friendly and very attentive to what they could do for me as a guest. My compliments and gratitude to the staff and my complimments on the decor and comfort of the hotel and my room during my stay.

Room Tip: I had the King room with sleeper sofa and was extremely comfortable with plenty of room. The bathroo...
Naples, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed only one night, and found the hotel room clean and well laid out. The breakfast was very good and the wait staff very friendly. There are two Double Tree's very close together, and we prefer this one. I was, however, slightly disappointed that we weren't offered an up graded room. We are Gold Members, and stay almost exclusively at Hilton properties. So an automatic room upgrade would have been appreciated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with an upgrade this time. Please be assured that we try our best to upgrade our valued guests especially Gold and Diamond members but it is sometime challenging when we have a full house. I will be sharing your positive expericnece as it relates to clean room, great breakfast and friendly staff with the Associates here. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Napa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just stayed here again since my last stay was so positive, and this one did not match up with the prior stay. The room I was in felt cramped, the front desk was nowhere near as engaging as my prior visit. It is still a great place to stay and it is easy to get onto the major freeways. There was a large group in while I was there. They even brought their own music into the bar at night, which was weird they kind of took over the bar with about a dozen of their people.
I will probably stay here again but may try the Double Tree club down the street it was only $10 more per night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
uglaten, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your experience concerning your recent stay at our Hotel. I am sorry that you did not receive the same level of service that you received during your previous stay here. We did have a large group in house and most of the guests ended up using the Bar to unwind but that should not have affected our overall service and the engagement with our guests. Please accept my apologies for not living up to our usual high level of service. I sincerely hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at this Doubletree several times in the past twelve months. The staff is friendly, the rooms are newly decorated and very well kept and the restaurant has good food--all in all a great choice.

Room Tip: I stay on the weekends and the area is very quiet--I don't think there is a 'bad' room i...
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Originally chose this hotel due to proximity to work location, but based on stay will use for both business and family travel. Has all needs for business: wifi, business center, and restaurant/lounge. Ample parking or airport shuttle. Clean and very comfortable rooms. Excercise center a little small so leave extra time. Pool and spa outside. All in all a good value, plus an awesome staff who make you feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jeff T
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel has recently been upgraded with updated furnishings and carpeting. Rooms are a very good size. Nice lobby and friendly, professional hotel staff. This was our Disney trip and we got $71 rates..awesome for 4-star like property! We were also upgraded to executive level (with fridge in room) so it's really hard not to give this place a good rating. Proximity to Disneyland via Hwy 55 to 5 commuter lane couldn't be beat. 15 minutes from hotel parking lot to Mickey and Friends lot! One outstanding item for me was the mirror in bathroom. I love that feature! One minor inconvenience..room was a little hot at night, but I didn't bother to tell hotel staff or anything, South Coast Plaza is nearby as well. Little tip for those of you wanting mini van rentals. Check out Airport Van Rental in Costa Mesa. They pick you up in your car, do the paperwork at the nearby office and away you go. Was much cheaper than renting from the airport car rentals. Clean car and professional service.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor or NOT facing Macarthur Blvd (not to be confused with MarArthur Place)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a Five Star Review about the DoubleTree Santa Ana Airport hotel. We take our job seriously and want all of our guests to have the best experience they can at our property.
*Also, thank you for taking the time to notice our last renovation of our entire lobby which you took the time to write about.
*We have just recently repaired some equipment so that all of the rooms will be cold this next summer, but thank you for mentioning that and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!