DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had the best time of my life.... just chillen..... nailz cars and feeling free.... Had an great time staying and an night on the town didnt stay long to travel to all the places but the dinners were great along with my room mate. The Hotel itself ... perfect if needed anything they were there less then 5 mins of your needs and outside of there was too perfect went for an walk the only thing you did need to travel to the beach but the pool on the roof top made up for all that..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

TyL, thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about our DoubleTree Santa Ana Orange County Airport Hotel. We are pleased that you and your friend had such a great time at our hotel and that you enjoyed our great location and roof top pool. We are very serious about making certain that all of our guests have a superior experience at our property and are pleased that you did!
*Next time you visit, please let me know and I will show you how to get to the beach in only ten minutes from our hotel....Laguna, Newport, Huntington, we are minutes to so many amazing places.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 9 days over New Years. We had two separate reservations due to arriving earlier than we expected and when we checked in, guest services combined the two reservations into one! This allowed us to stay the whole time in the same room at the same rate! Also no checking out and checking back in and getting keys reset! Very helpful! We enjoyed breakfast every morning and it was great! The only issue we had was over the weekend and New Year's Eve, there was only lukewarm water to shower in (not sure if it was because there were so many people showering at the same time or not). Once New Year's was over, we had no problem with hot water. The other possible irritant was that the elevators were very slow. Overall, a great stay and we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello MM Becker and thank you very much for taking the time to write great review about the DoubleTree Orange County Airport Hotel. We are very serious about taking great care of all of our valued customers and we were pleased to hear that our front desk team was able to help you our with your rooms over New Years.
*Glad you mentioned the hot water because there was a part we immediately replaced to make sure everyone has ample hot water no matter how busy we are.
*We are waiting for you to come and visit us again, just let us know how we can serve you.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed here for business travel. The front desk was very helpful in arranging transportation and also helpful in holding my luggage as my flight was not until after check out. The room was very comfortable and clean however I was awakened in the night as the room had an adjoining door and I could hear every word of the conversation going on in the adjoining room while I was trying to sleep. I am not sure if they have rooms without adjoining doors, but definitely ask for one if possible. It is the only reason I wouldn't give this hotel a higher rating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write a response for the Double Tree by Hilton Orange County Airport Hotel. We are glad that our front desk took such good care of you and that your stay was great. Most of our rooms do no have adjoining rooms, so let us know next time you are traveling on business and we will make certain you get a room that is not adjoining and notify me personally and I will upgrade you next visit as a way of saying thank you for writing a review.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for a few days and brought a large group of people. I found that the front desk staff was not polite and I received complaints from my group. It seems as if since they are in a great location, they don't feel the need to be extra friendly. The room was okay, the manager tried to be helpful, but everything seemed to fall short of my expectations. Aldo, I got a surprise parking fee when I checked out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Samacat
Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your review about the Doubletree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about our desk and eye contact. We will certainly mention this to all of our staff as our goal is to always go above and beyond to help all of our guests as their home away from home. We hope you have the opportunity to visit again and we would love to have you and will make certain your met with a warm greeting and friendly eye contact.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was here for 3 nights for work and I would stay here again. It was easy to get to the main highways and was easy to get all over S. Orange county. The hotel was clean and nice, Room service was fast and the food was good. The room was larger and clean. Of course the cookies were great. The only issue was parking one of the nights I was there, the lot under the hotel was full and had to park in another lot across from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a wonderful review of the DoubleTreeby Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport Hotel..We are easy to get to and leave. We pride ourselves on our exceptionally clean rooms which you pointed out and glad you enjoyed our great food..We actually have many guests that return just for our food and famous "Terry". All of our guests get a fresh baked cookie on check in and glad you enjoyed, but we are very sorry for any inconvenience when our first parking was full. We are currently revamping our parking system so even when we are full, it will be easier.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon at your home away from home!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

At first I thought this hotel was going to be awesome. The lobby looks very cool and you get a cookie. But then I had to take the elevator up to my room. Waited and waited. The elevators are so slow. I dread having to go up and down. The hallways are dark. They tried to renovate the rooms to be upscale and modern-- but the old hotel shows through. Dirty light switch covers and electric outlets. Shower had tile cracking and rust. Bed is okay but old and squeaky. I've definitely stayed in better Doubletree hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Icewiz2002
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a good location, especially if you are flying in and out of Orange Co.
We stayed here 3 nights and we were comfortable and satisfied. No hitches and the check in/out was smooth. The bed was really comfy and the A/C worked well. We were on the top floor and the location of our room was quiet. This doubletree I think is a little older but they've done renovations and it looks nice on the inside. I read reviews and a lot of them are not very positive but we were satisfied and we are picky. Granted we've stayed in nicer hotels but this one was satisfactory to us and we would stay there again. The only thing we didn't like were the pillows. They were not comfy at all. I suppose we could have called the front desk and ask for different ones. The front desk staff is really friendly and helpful with any questions you might have or directions to someplace if you need them. Our room when we first arrived didn't have a refrigerator so we called the desk and they brought us one within an hour. It worked very well also;...a lot of times you go to a hotel and the room fridge doesn't work well so we were satisfied with that. This Hotel is located on MacArthur and it is only 2 mi from the airport and there are all kinds of Restaurants not far away. There is also a bar and restaurant located inside this hotel but we did not go there, so I wouldn't be able to answer any questions about that. It did look nice though. Like I said, we were satisfied and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was good for us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple