DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed here for business travel. The front desk was very helpful in arranging transportation and also helpful in holding my luggage as my flight was not until after check out. The room was very comfortable and clean however I was awakened in the night as the room had an adjoining door and I could hear every word of the conversation going on in the adjoining room while I was trying to sleep. I am not sure if they have rooms without adjoining doors, but definitely ask for one if possible. It is the only reason I wouldn't give this hotel a higher rating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write a response for the Double Tree by Hilton Orange County Airport Hotel. We are glad that our front desk took such good care of you and that your stay was great. Most of our rooms do no have adjoining rooms, so let us know next time you are traveling on business and we will make certain you get a room that is not adjoining and notify me personally and I will upgrade you next visit as a way of saying thank you for writing a review.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for a few days and brought a large group of people. I found that the front desk staff was not polite and I received complaints from my group. It seems as if since they are in a great location, they don't feel the need to be extra friendly. The room was okay, the manager tried to be helpful, but everything seemed to fall short of my expectations. Aldo, I got a surprise parking fee when I checked out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Samacat
Monty C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your review about the Doubletree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about our desk and eye contact. We will certainly mention this to all of our staff as our goal is to always go above and beyond to help all of our guests as their home away from home. We hope you have the opportunity to visit again and we would love to have you and will make certain your met with a warm greeting and friendly eye contact.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was here for 3 nights for work and I would stay here again. It was easy to get to the main highways and was easy to get all over S. Orange county. The hotel was clean and nice, Room service was fast and the food was good. The room was larger and clean. Of course the cookies were great. The only issue was parking one of the nights I was there, the lot under the hotel was full and had to park in another lot across from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a wonderful review of the DoubleTreeby Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport Hotel..We are easy to get to and leave. We pride ourselves on our exceptionally clean rooms which you pointed out and glad you enjoyed our great food..We actually have many guests that return just for our food and famous "Terry". All of our guests get a fresh baked cookie on check in and glad you enjoyed, but we are very sorry for any inconvenience when our first parking was full. We are currently revamping our parking system so even when we are full, it will be easier.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon at your home away from home!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

At first I thought this hotel was going to be awesome. The lobby looks very cool and you get a cookie. But then I had to take the elevator up to my room. Waited and waited. The elevators are so slow. I dread having to go up and down. The hallways are dark. They tried to renovate the rooms to be upscale and modern-- but the old hotel shows through. Dirty light switch covers and electric outlets. Shower had tile cracking and rust. Bed is okay but old and squeaky. I've definitely stayed in better Doubletree hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Icewiz2002
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a good location, especially if you are flying in and out of Orange Co.
We stayed here 3 nights and we were comfortable and satisfied. No hitches and the check in/out was smooth. The bed was really comfy and the A/C worked well. We were on the top floor and the location of our room was quiet. This doubletree I think is a little older but they've done renovations and it looks nice on the inside. I read reviews and a lot of them are not very positive but we were satisfied and we are picky. Granted we've stayed in nicer hotels but this one was satisfactory to us and we would stay there again. The only thing we didn't like were the pillows. They were not comfy at all. I suppose we could have called the front desk and ask for different ones. The front desk staff is really friendly and helpful with any questions you might have or directions to someplace if you need them. Our room when we first arrived didn't have a refrigerator so we called the desk and they brought us one within an hour. It worked very well also;...a lot of times you go to a hotel and the room fridge doesn't work well so we were satisfied with that. This Hotel is located on MacArthur and it is only 2 mi from the airport and there are all kinds of Restaurants not far away. There is also a bar and restaurant located inside this hotel but we did not go there, so I wouldn't be able to answer any questions about that. It did look nice though. Like I said, we were satisfied and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was good for us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoadTripFreaks
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I did get a great deal during our 1-night stay here. It's clean and seems to have undergone some renovation. We asked for a room in a quiet location.
But we were put in a room that overlooked the main road and that meant street noise (namely some dudes on loud motor bikes and the occasional boom-boom ricky racers driving around...and the bus that idled in the bus stop below). So we had only 5.5 hrs of good, quiet sleep - after midnight and before 6 AM.
The bed was OK, if you like a softer mattress. The room was clean.
Not one of our more memorable restful stays in a DoubleTree.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor near the pool! Lots of running and crying in that area. Avoid facing the main...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LisaLovesPaul

Thank you very much for your review of the Double Treeby Hilton, Santa Ana Orange County Airport Hotel. We are happy you got a "great deal" on your one night stay...and happy that you room was "very clean". We are very serious about the cleanliness of our sleeping rooms and our hotel as it is your home away from home.
We hope you have the opportunity to come back to visit us soon and we will have a warm cookie waiting for you and a quiet rooms.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Upon our arrival at the time of check-in for some reason their signature is a free chocolate chip cookie for each guest! Though it was a tasty cookie, it wasn't a big perk! This Hotel was average! The room was very clean and the bed was VERY comfy. Internet available in the room at an extra fee! In the business district, REALLY? The $15.00 per night parking fee was a bit much. Don't even get me started on the pool and spa area! It was BAD!! On our second night they were hosting a youth Soccer organization! Kids everywhere! Running and yelling in the halls, playing in the elevators with the luggage dollies and just causing all kind of delays with the elevators. We stayed our 3 nights and only because we booked and payed on-line at a non-refundable rate! Won't stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple