“Can't beat the price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my first La Quinta experience & it exceeded my expectations in so many ways, I found it easier just to keep adding days and stay longer and longer! Initial plan was to be here about 10 days, to relax without stressing out that our new home had been delayed......
Location - For ease in getting around almost all areas of So Cal, the location could not be better.
Service - Great service from management to housekeeping are all great, attentive, accomodating, yet not intrusive.
Sleep Quality - XLNT Sleep - although located near freeway, airport, etc., the rooms inside seem virtually soundproof, especially if window is closed. And YES, to those who like fresh air, their windows actually slide open and shut VERY easily with multi-facted covering options to allow as much or as little light as one wants.
Good quality pillowtop mattresses are super comfy, all clean and seem new - thought I had the best but think I just might like theirs a little better. Linens always fresh with no sign of prior usage, clean, crisp and white, and great pillows!
Breakfast room and patio - Fresh belgian waffles continuously made. Although far from extravagant, there is enough variety with bagels, pastries, cereals, juices, etc. as well as fresh fruit and nuts that even picky me can find something more than palatable. Super convenient with good supply of current newspapers, teas, etc. to take with you.
Pool, jacuzzi and work out room are well tended, supplied and maintained and frequently used.
VALUE - XLNT value - to the degree that my stay extended MUCH longer than it should have, kind of started feeling like home. The convenience factor made it easier to keep extending my stay rather than rush to find alternative permanent home.

NOT SO GOOD - the condition of the asphalt in the side and back parking area could be better, front is fine so perhaps they are in process of upgrading/refinishing the back.
Bathtubs - I only like porcelain tubs and wouldn't use theirs, but 99% of the population would be happy with them, size is okay, water pressure good and always LOTS of VERY HOT water for those who like a looong hot shower.

I've don't leave comments on cards, never written a review, don't have time to "blog", "twitter", "facebook", "vine", "elink' etc. but was so pleasantly surprised with overall experience, thought it would be a disservice to not let others know.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

SO CAL
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had to be out of my house over a weekend for a termite tenting so I searched around and found a pretty decent price on a small suite with a refrigerator, sink, coffee maker and a microwave. The front desk staff was very friendly and that was THE best part of this hotel. After being sent to the wrong room, I had to walk back to the front desk with my luggage. If there is a "next time" staying here, I will not take my luggage to check in. Instead I will wait until I am in my room. When I finally was told the correct room and given the correct key to that room, the first thing I noticed was that the trash can had not been emptied from the previous guest(s). This would not normally bother me but it was uneaten food items and it wasn't very pleasant. I then noticed that there were no ashtrays in the room or bathroom. I called the front desk and was told that someone would bring one to me right away. An hour and a half later, I went to the front desk myself and got the ashtray. No apologies were given. The next morning, I went to the coffee maker and found that there wasn't any tray to hold the coffee pod. So again, I made the trip to the front desk to get a tray. The lady at the desk laughed and said "they always forget to check for those things". I ended up taking my own trash out + the trash from the previous guest. They do honor the "do not disturb" sign on your door although which was nice. I stayed there Friday evening thru Monday morning and I never had any housekeeping service. Normally this would have been a problem but for this trip...it was ok. I don't trash hotel rooms and not being disturbed was a bonus!! The way that the suite was set up made it seem a lot bigger than it was. Even the "under the window" a/c unit worked quite well! My room was not too bad...yeah the hotel is old and the furniture and stuff is tattered but when you only need a place to sleep and shower, this was not that bad. Don't expect lots of "customer service". You will hear some airplane noise from nearby John Wayne Airport but it really is not that bad. Parking was great! Saturday night was party night and there was a room "bumping" their music and a lil running up and down the hallway BUT it stopped after an hour or so. Like I said, you get what you pay for here. If your expectations are not too high, you will enjoy your stay!! Also, if you really do not like it once you get there, you are surrounded by at least 5-6 other hotels withing walking distance to choose from!! Good luck!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the hotel that I regularly use when I am in Orange County. The staff is friendly, the rooms are always clean. The studio-suite layout with microwave and mini-refrigerator gives me the extra space that I need for my typical 6-7 night stay. The close proximity to the local businesses and the airport make the location ideal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is caught in a time warp - it looks like the 1970's and it's probably not been cleaned since then either. The staff were a little too quick to blame the disappearance of my Bose headphones in the hotel van as down to another guest". It's possible to get a good clean room in the area for 30% less than I paid. Never again.

Room Tip: grotty - choose another hotel