“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
San Diego
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2008

This hotel is located on a street called Hotel Terrace. It's pretty easy to figure out what's going to be surrounding the hotel. Yep, more hotels. This small street is then capped by two restaurants at either end. It's easily located near the freeway. And also a quick drive to Disneyland.

The modern looking rooms were well appointed My room had a king size bed that was firm yet comfortable. Also, a microwave, fridge, plenty of storage space for people who like to bring their own food. No mini-bar, everything is on a bring your own basis. Pets are allowed but there wasn’t an indication, either by smell or hair, that pets had occupied my room. The room was immaculate.

The staff was friendly and helpful. With the exception of one sullen young woman who couldn’t manage to get my reservation in the computer but this little problem was cleared up when I called ahead. Speaking of calling ahead, I made my reservation directly and was given a pretty good rate, I noticed that the rates can differ, so I would check for the best rate ahead of time.

I like the breakfast area, with it’s shaded patio surrounded by plants. The hot breakfast items included eggs, sausage patties (which didn't look that appetizing to me) and waffles that you make yourself. There was a choice of cereals and breads, plus yogurts, bananas and oranges.

This was the second time I’ve stayed here and both times were comfortable and the property was well maintained. If you’re looking for something clean and comfortable at a good rate, this is a great hotel.

• Liked — like most of it
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Columbus OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2008

The hotel was very clean. The location was perfect, we were minutes from Laguna beach, newport beach, and huntington beach, we were also less than 10 minutes from Disneyland and much more. Plus the neighborhood was nice and we were not scared to go out after dark. The staff was very friendly and helpful with anything that we needed. They serve a hot breakfast each morning with sausage, scrambled eggs, fruits, pastries, cereals, fresh made waffles, juice, milk, and much more. The selection was great and the food was actually good. I was very impressed with everything about my stay. The pool was really heated and clean, as well as the hot tub. I cant wait to plan my next trip to CA, I will definately be staying here again.

• Liked — Hard to pick one, I loved everything!!
  • Disliked — That I had to leave
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsMMathers
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

Well it was my first time in Santa Ana and I must say it felt like home. I was greated with kindness and through out my stay that kindness follow'd. I was there on a business and enjoyed the complimentary breakfeast as well as the breakfeast staff. Very SWEET.(thank you ALL). I stayed for about a week and had an awsome time. NO COMPLAINTS HERE. I will definetly come back again. Thank you to all STAFF who made my stay an enjoyable one. Kisses to YOU ALL.

• Liked — STAFF was always prompt.
  • Disliked — NO Comment.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

For 15+ years I stayed at the Woolley's Petite Suites hotel ,
We loved the breakfast in the morning ( BIG thanks to the mexican lady's that served the breakfast every morning !!! ) The clean suites felt like my second home when I entered them , pool and hottube were great to relax in , and for sure we did have a great time during managers happy hour , thanks to the people that served our drinks , and spent some nice time while we had our drinks .
This is all gone now , sinds new management I need to find new hotel , but it will never be like the Woolley's day's again ....
Staff changed , breakfast is poor , no drinks ..... and no clean rooms anymore .
Ben from Belgium .

• Disliked — best kept secret is no longer .......
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Benneke
Redlands, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed here for two nights because they accept pets. If I had another choice, I would have stayed somewhere else.
When we checked in we asked for a non-smoking room. The room they gave us was decorated nicely but it smelled strongly of smoke. We asked to be moved, but the next room smelled just a strongly of mold.
There were always several painters standing in the courtyard smoking and watching the guests. There were cigarette butts on the ground outside our room. It's not terrible, but not a la quinta we will stay at again.

• Liked — Could bring my dog
  • Disliked — Cigarette Smoke
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Russ71
Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2006

My family of two boys aged 2 and 6 as well as myself and my wife stayed at La Quinta in Sept.06 and loved the place. The front of house staff greeted us warmly and check in took no time at all. We had a nice and large room on the third floor with a Queen and a pullout sofa. There was a small fridge and a breakfast table in the room as well.
The hotel was so close to the freeway and 15 min to Disney,1 hour+ to Universal, 2 hours from Seaworld and Sandiego Zoo.
The best thing about the hotel is the breakfast in the morning. The ladies who make your eggs etc. are so sweet and the food offered is quite enjoyable for the free price. Our boys loved chosing what they wanted everyday. Remember to tip them!
We asked the front desk for ideas and directions everyday and they were so helpful.The pool is a bit cool in Sept. but the hottub made up for the cold.

A few tips on our excursions....

Get the front of the line pass for Universal Studios. The extra $ was worth the "non wait"

At Seaworld, do the Dining with Shamu!! It is absolutely amazing! You are so close to the whale and we got to ask any question we could think of to the trainer and learned so much. The food was good too!

After a day at disney, go to the hotel and reserve a table at Goofy's kitchen. Our whole family (me too) had a blast! The characters come to take photos and talk to your table. They were all so wonderful. The food was the best we had all week and was the highlight of the trip.

We booked by Hotwire and saved so much$$$$. I spoke to a taxi driver and told him how much we paid for our week and he said that you couldn't get a rate like that in the worst hotels. So, it was well worth booking with them.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — A little dated.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Urbanherb
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2006

While obviously a refurbished hotel, the La Quinta has an impressive lobby and is among the cleanest hotels I've ever seen in any class. The help are very gracious and helpful. The free breakfast is the best I've seen at a budget hotel, with ample cereals, fruit, and, surprisingly, excellent do-it-yourself waffles. A good, clean pool. The rooms, as I said, are very clean. Our biggest problem was the air conditioning in the room, which was simply not good. At first we thought the bulky armchair placed directly in front of the window unit was blocking it, but even with the chair moved (though the room was small enough there was nowhere to easily put it) the air conditioning was feeble at best, "cooling" only a narrow corridor down the middle of the room, and not hitting the sleeping or seating areas at all, which got quite warm and uncomfortably humid. In the evening and morning both, the outside air was considerably cooler than the air inside the room, and to make matters worse the windows have no screens so you can't cool off the room by opening windows without letting bugs in. The main bed in the micro-suite was very solid and comfortable, but don't plan on sleeping anyone on the sofa bed. The weirdest aspect of the room was the TV immovably mounted on an outcrop from a fairly ingenious double-sided closed; the TV could not be viewed from either the bed or sofa bed and was uncomfortable to watch from the table; the best view was from standing right next to the kitchenette. (Nice kitchenette, by the way, providing another sink in addition to appliances.) It was a decent enough stay for one night, but longer stays with more than two people could quickly become problematic.

Stayed June 2006