“Great place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It had all that we needed: Close to the airport, complimentary shuttle, hot tub, complimentary breakfast. All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle even brought rom returning a rental car back to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

A La Quinta traveler
Orange, California, USA
Reviewed March 18, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Convenient to airport, rooms open out to parking lot rather than an indoor hallway, which was fine for the purpose of my stay: overnight and with a puppy. I had to leave early the next morning to catch a flight so I didn't try breakfast. The front desk person was warm and friendly upon checkin. As I said in title, this is an older laquinta but it was clean and adequate.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kara G
A TripAdvisor Member
Salem, mo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We are truck drivers and had to drop our trailer at the shipper so needed a place close by that would allow a big truck to park and this one was accommodating to our needs. When I asked if there were rental cars close by (next door) the clerk was more than willing to give me the phone numbers. Our first night the TV broke so we had to move which was right next door and the young man offered to help:) that was so nice in our opinion! We toured Hollywood and had a blast. Went to check out and noticed there was a mess up in the balance we owed, because they gave us a credit on our bill for the TV thing. We didn't ask or say any thing to them about wanting a credit they did it on their own and that is GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE in our eyes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I purchased a package from Expedia which was reasonably priced. Our room smelled of mold which I attributed to the age of the hotel and our room.... it was right outside the breakfast area. As I write this it is 1:14 am and I'm in my room. I can hear someone's luggage clicking on the floor outside my room, the person on the back side of the wall is snoring LOUDLY and the people to my left have their tv up so loud I can't sleep again for the 5th night in a row. Every morning at 8am when I got a few hours of sleep the laughing and carrying on in the breakfast area woke us. The coffee pot was cheap so I went to Walmart and purchased an inexpensive one just so I could have a decent amount of coffee. Back to the noise now the neighbor on the other side is opening and closing their door. Someone shoot me now!!!!! I am so tired I really can't wait to get home and sleep. This has not been a relaxing stay at all. I wish I would have spent the extra money to stay at embassy suites next door. :(

Lets talk about the furniture. The bed was okay but the couch has tons of holes and the carpet is nasty. And good luck finding a bag in any trash can.

The wifi is so slow it just took 2 minutes to upload a picture of their torn couch.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Conwayarmom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is located on "Hotel Row" in Santa Ana, a short distance from John Wayne airport and very convenient for travel around Orange County. We were very pleased with the large, clean room and the helpful, courteous staff. We left our jackets in the room when we checked out and had no trouble recovering them on our way back from San Diego a couple of days later. My only objection to this place is that breakfast could use a little more protein -- there was plenty of carbolicious food like donuts, danish, bagels, waffles etc. We stayed there for four days, and the food was the same, including some watery oatmeal, every day. I would have appreciated some scrambled eggs once in awhile!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple