“mediocre for a marriott courtyard”

Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
“mediocre for a marriott courtyard”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The room was marriott - the staff are not. The parking guys are great … even if i self parked -- they were very aware of my vehicle and my coming and going even by foot. i felt safe here and that is why they get a 3. But i expect a quiet room and did not get one -- does not seem to matter that i arrived early to make sure they saw the request since no one seems to read those things - i was told she blocked off a good room away from noise, elevators, etc. WRONG
oh well ..it could have been worse, but i prefer to be treated a little better esp as a "frequent flyer" … ha

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy E
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Kathy E, Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott, we truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Please accept my apologies as it sounds like we have failed to meet some of your requests, and your stay was not as pleasant as it should have been. At Courtyard Marriott Santa Ana, we certainly want our guests to enjoy their visit and feel comfortable. Your thoughts will be shared with our hotel staff to ensure we give our full efforts in meeting our guests' requests and preferences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I just came from a doubletree in anaheim where I am a diamond member and I have to say, this hotel gas already impressed. Nicer more modern room and a call after I checked in to see how things were. Great service, thank you!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank amyandandrew
Amyandandrew, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad to hear you had the chance to stay with us at the Courtyard Marriott Santa Ana, and we were able to impress you! We hope you will choose to stay with us again during your future travels to Orange County.
Merced, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night. When we arrived the check in was very fast and receptionist was friendly. Everything was very nice, clean and very elegant. The Kids loved the outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi. The Lobby and restaurant were also very nice with friendly staff. They also brew Starbucks coffee wish was great cuz didn't have to go out the hotel for coffee or food. The room was very clean with all new furniture. The freeway very close with nice area big building around giving a room view very nice. I know that it's hard to look for a hotel that it's nice and have a good price well this Marriott has both the price was good and the hotel turned out to be great as we'll. our trip was actually to Newport Beach and this was only 7 miles from the beach close enough for us to drive back to hotel. Because anything close to the beach is a little more expensive and this was not to far from this particular beach. Wish I also have to say Newport Beach was very nice, great sand, I been to other beaches around LA and by far I have to say this one is the best.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alondra D
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana/Orange County!

We are so happy to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and that you found the short drive to Newport Beach well worth it. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Santa Ana
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We really appreciated the friendly service and clean condition of this facility. We travel often and this was very refreshing. I would recommend this Marriott to everyone. And the midweek price was nice also.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana/Orange County

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Orange County!
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was here on business and checked in to the hotel at 1000 hrs. The check-in was quick and I was in the room before I knew it. This was much appreciated as when you are travelling on business, you want to get right to it. The rooms are in great shape and very neat. The beds are large and comfortable. The bathrooms are clean and decent sized. The shower cubicle however leaked (through) the glass door, but that most probably was just my room and since I was staying just a day, it really didn't bother me.

The internet connection was unstable and was actually the only other thing that put me off a little. The people at the front desk who checked me in and out both were extremely polite and professional. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the person manning the front desk at night. I arrived late (around 0130 hrs) after a long day on the road. After I got into the room I realized that I forgot to check on the situation with breakfast (my firm had booked the room and I wanted to know if it included a buffet breakfast). When I called the front desk, the person answering it said he does not have that information as his system is restarting. He did not seem too keen on helping me any further (maybe it was too late at night for him). When I asked that I be informed when his system is up, he said that he will have a note put in under the door.

Long story short, no note in the morning and when I called the front desk to inquire again, I was told that the hotel does not have a breakfast buffet at all. I expected someone manning the front desk to have had this information when I called the previous night.

Apart from this little hitch, the whole experience was very pleasant and I look forward to staying there again at the end of the month.

Room Tip: The north east portion of the hotel is toward MacArthur Place is a little noisy. it has a view of th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, however disappointed that you didn't experience the same level of customer service in the late evening. I know that afer a long day you only want to be able to relax and we fell short in this instance.

I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff in order to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We arrived in SNA around 4pm and after a fairly long wait were picked up by the Marriott Courtyard van. Traffic on Friday, 2/14 was heavy partly due to Valentines Day.
While checking in, I asked the desk clerk if they could confirm availability at a particular restaurant. After calling the restaurant we were informed that it was entirely booked. He was very gracious and said we should take our bags to our room and he would call around to find possible restaurants. Returning to the lobby 15 minutes later, he had found two excellent choices in the area. He then said he would arrange to have the hotel van drop and pick us up since it was close to the hotel. The restaurant, Scott’s, was excellent and we enjoyed sitting on their patio.
The hotel is located in a business park with a Starbucks across the street for those coffee fans. Rooms are very comfortable and those away from the street, relatively quiet. Lobby has an area to obtain a light dinner as well as breakfast. Shuttle was not running on Saturday morning so the hotel paid for our taxi back to the airport. If you are in need of a hotel close to the SNA airport that provides great desk service, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price, the Marriot Courtyards fits the bill.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello EaganTraveler,

Thank you for your kind review. I will make sure to pass along your message to all of our staff at the Courtyard Marriott Santa Ana. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and assist in making your trip a success. Please come back to visit us again.
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very clean with friendly staff but construction noise ruined our mornings in.....
Bistro was convenient and tasty. I had the 2 taco meal and enjoyed it.
Priced for seniors which saved us some retirement moolah!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DonandMickey
Hello DonandMickey,

Thank you for your review and recent stay with us. My apologies for the construction going on at the building next door. We will be sure to follow up again to ensure the construction only takes place during set hours of the day. We appreciate your compliments on the cleanliness and convenience of our hotel. I will be sure to pass along to our team that you enjoyed our seasonal Bistro menu.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Costa Mesa Marriott
Costa Mesa Marriott
#8 of 23 in Costa Mesa

Been to Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County? Share your experiences!