Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
$148
$127
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
$94
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsjohn wayne airportthe pool looked nicefront deskmarriott propertiesroom was cleanmacarthur blvdself parkstarbucks coffeeorange countyper daystreet noisein great shapesouth coast plazaparking lotan early flightwould definitely stay here againmajor freeways
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The housekeeping staff sure impressed us. I mentioned that we had 4 people in our room, and needed extra towels and supplies. The staff member right away brought back 7 towels and 4 shampoos. I categorize that as going the extra mile. The room was not particularly impressive, except in terms of being very clean. The front desk and parking staff were also very friendly & welcoming.

Room Tip: Same advice as normal - top (4th) floor and away from the elevators
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Happy_Harry_O
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff always looks for ways to personalize our guest's stay and I will be sure to pass on your compliments.
We hope to see you again in the very near future

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at plenty of Marriott properties, including Courtyards, but never had been charged for valet parking (you have no choice - $11.00 per day). Also, I was here on business, and other Courtyards usually include breakfast with the rate I book, but not this one. When I went down to grab a quick muffin, only one person handling all the breakfast traffic - so I opted not to order anything to save time. They need more help in the morning.

That said, the property is brand new, contemporary and immaculate. The walls are rather thin - I could hear the woman next door on the phone. Ask for a room away from Mac Arthur Blvd. While it is not too busy at night, you do hear it during the day. I asked for a quiet room and was assured it was - but it faced Mac Arthur Blvd.

Property was nice, but I won't be back, primarily due to the value compared to other properties in the area and the parking charges.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Mac Arthur Blvd.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TKD1BB
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your stay wtih us and taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found your stay enjoyable and the hotel to be immaculate.
I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the speed of service that you received during breakfast. While we strive for each guest to have a flawless stay, we appreciate the feedback when we have fallen short.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here to try out different Marriott options within the Irvine/Costa Mesa and this one is a perfect example of how Marriott should be like.

Location: close to freeway, business parks, John Wayne Airport (With drive or shuttle services) and South Coast Plaza.

Facilities: Brand new gym, great pools and friendly staff. Open bar in the lobby area where many people gather and socialize at night.

Rooms: Spacious, brand new rooms with all the latest technology features. Comfortable bed and AC. Excellent shower pressure and the bathroom is spotless.

Overall, an excellent value for those who needs to bank Marriott status. The only thing that I did not like is the parking charges. I believe they should remove the charge since many other hotels nearby do not charge for parking.

Room Tip: Away from the street for quiet room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Doraemon79
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the rest of the staff.
We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here due to its proximity to John Wayne Airport and it did the job. Friendly staff (nothing was too much trouble) spacious rooms and good value for money. The service in the bistro was excellent too. The pool looked nice but we didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin G

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will get a chance to relax by the pool on your next visit.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This new hotel is everything a Courtyard should be! Absolutely spotless, a great pool, gym, and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed here on two different occasions in February 2013 and each visit was perfect. We always ask for top floor rooms, away from the elevator. We found that the interior side rooms (away from either road) were very quiet. We will definitely be back anytime we are in Orange County!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank banktravel101
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments to the rest of the staff as we take great pride in providing a clean and inviting hotel. We look forward to your return in the very near future.