TripAdvisor
Santa Ana
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews hi express pancake machine the breakfast area weight room parking lot visiting disneyland easy access to freeway free weights free breakfast rental car yogurt comfortable bed next morning great hotel john wayne airport orange county hie
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Interior and rooms of hotel nice but location is not the best and probably would not walk around at night.. In the middle of the night had to call front desk due to a homeless man being beat up in the parking lot outside our room. Breakfast...just okay. Not the usual cinnamon rolls that they advertise and you come to expect, Looked out of a package from a grocery store. Cold eggs and cold pre-made pancakes. Tried to ask the people manning the breakfast area but there was a language problem. Have stayed in a lot of IHG hotels and probably won't be back to this one. The one bright spot was a great hotel manager!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Hello Yojack1,

Thanks for being a frequent guest of IHG and taking the time to leave feedback. I'm glad that you liked our rooms despite the unusual situation that you witnessed. On the downside, I'm sorry if you weren't completely satisfied with breakfast. I've shared your review with management and I trust improvements will be done to serve our guests better.

I hope we get the chance to host you again in the future.

Best,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

The staff is on top of it here at this motel the rooms are so clean all the Amenta tees are made for people that travel work play they have a fantastic staff here the pool is clean the Jacuzzi they keep the weight room in order they have a great breakfast the manager Kim Gonzalez is on top of it over here I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
AmberP1704, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Dear Wilkie76,

Thank you for being one of our valued guests and taking the time to share such great feedback about your rooms and amenities. I will take the time to share your great feedback with the team and Kim for providing such great service. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Orange County.

Amber P.

Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this hotel. The staff did a great job of fulfilling requests, the hotel is updated and reasonably priced. You can find some good local restaurants and it's not overcrowded. The neighborhood is not 5* BUT we didn't feel threatened at all during our visit. It's a hotel in a city-make good choices.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2019

We booked a one night stay and caught a flight out of John Wayne Airport the next morning, less than a 15 minute ride away. This is a beautiful hotel, first class rooms, amazing bathroom with extra large shower. I was impressed. We also used their complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning. It was well stocked with a nice variety of choices. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2019

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Santa Ana using points for one night. We checked in at about 3pm, quick check-in, no waits.

The lobby was a clean, new, minimalist decor similar to boutique hotels, very different than other HI Express locations. I was very pleased with the new decor, fresh look, and renovated facility.

Room was also very clean, comfortable, and had fresh paint, and it felt clean. As a platinum member I have visited a number of HI Express, so I do have to say that this is in the top 10% of the hotels I have visited. The AC was cold, the TV worked fine, and the water was hot, so no complains here.

Breakfast was also very tasty and the staff was on top of everything making use nothing ran out and the area was kept clean. Breakfast was very similar to all HIE, a few hot items, coffee, pastries, cereal, and fruit.

I was not charged parking so it was a relief as everyone charges for parking now. The area around the hotel does not seem like a nice place to take a stroll, but the hotel itself felt safe. We took Uber/Lyft to downtown disney for about $15, it was a quick drive.

Overall I was very pleased with the property, the staff, and the facilities.

Date of stay: May 2019