Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews permanent collection orange county pacific islands gift shop special exhibit frida kahlo california history early california world class on display nice restaurant empress dowager cixi visiting exhibits the frank lloyd wright photo exhibit different cultures docent tour
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Nice small museum, enjoyable morning. There is a small section dedicated to California history. I would have liked to see more on that.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Do visit this historic structure with a courtyard garden and an appealing gift shop for their special exhibits as well as their permanent Pacific Art collection. Every time I go, I find something new. As this Pacific hall has recently been reinstalled with interpretive labels, you can see money, masks, costumes, kava bowls, betal nut containers, warrior shields, and much more. A paid parking lot is adjacent and limited free street parking is sometimes available. And it's easy to hop off the I-5 for a visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We are members who live on the other side of town but visit several times a year because of the great temporary exhibits.

African Twilight, Vanishing Rituals and Ceremonies covers 40 years work of two women who documented in photos and videos many African ceremonies and rituals, almost half are no longer performed. We were fascinated.

Knights in Shining Armor has two full side knights on horses and hundreds of pieces of armor, weapons, a model of a joust, and other objects. Very interesting.

We also walked two blocks to the new Kidseum which had the subject of chess, patterned after knights, castles, kings and queens.

There are many permanent exhibits which we skipped this time since we had a long drive home.

1  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Between Bowers and the Hindu temple in Chino, you can't go wrong. Unfortunately, you can NOT take pictures in the venue. So take in the sights for memory sake.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Great place to spend few hours with family or friends, they have nice expositions and different pieces of arts. Enjoyed a lot!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

The Bowers is a fabulous place to learn about Orange County's and California's history in addition to seeing world-class exhibits on many international subjects.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We were able to attend a wedding at the Bowers Museum, and it was just a wonderful experience. We toured the museum and the permanent exhibits are excellent, fantastic pieces from Asia and Africa. The entire museum is built like a Spanish Mission around a central courtyard at the entry and then the museum just expands beyond it. The collections are very good, the explanations excellent and the wedding that day was great. Well catered and organized, the staff and everyone are great.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Came here with the family and it was a nice experience to be able to see all the different cultures of art. My 7 year old loved all the different things and how I can real the info about things. She learned a lot and I am great full for that. People were very helpful and courteous.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

I went to the Italian Cinema movie Spettacolo. Before the movie they had a teacher from a college and she taught about the Italian language, unfortunately I came too late for that so I cannot give info on it. The movie was great and the theater very comfortable. It was about 12$ to get in and parking is 6$. They have, it looks like Cinema Italiano about once a month. After or before you can look at the exhibits and I enjoyed it so much I got a membership. With that you can get in free of course. They have changing exhibits each month and they are beautifully done. The parking lot near the theater is the one nearest to the freeway.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I truly enjoyed learning so many historic information. I originally went for a school project and went with the kids and they enjoyed it as well. Highly recommend for everyone to go atleast once.