“Fun and interesting for adults and kids”

Discovery Cube Orange County
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Santa Ana
More attraction details
Owner description: Imaginations twist and fly through more than 100 hands-on exhibits at Discovery Cube OC (previously Discovery Science Center). Take the Eco Challenge and become a green superhero, feel the power of a real rocket engine "launch" and explore the inner workings of a two-story tall dinosaur! Traveling exhibits and annual events such as Spooky Science and Science of Gingerbread throughout the year ensure that there is always something new to discover.
Riverside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun and interesting for adults and kids”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Took my family because it was raining. The center is great for all ages. I enjoyed it as much as my children.
Next time we will just pay for general admission tickets with a AAA discount. I may add the Dino Quest ticket for the kids if they want, but not for me or my wife. Fun enough to just walk with your kid while they do the searching. The Dino Quest is outside so if it's raining, your kids will get wet. My kids did the Dino Quest in the rain and loved it.
My first impression of the ginger bread house exhibition was they don't belong in a science center, but the kids liked every bit of it, so I was cool with it. I would skip the 4D turtle movie as it's a Green Peace type propaganda piece that somehow made off the cutting room floor. The 3D effects are very cool though. Totally NOT worth the extra 3 bucks!
My 2 year old got bored after about 4 hours so we had to leave, the 9 and 12 year olds could have stayed all day, just leave the Droid or iPhone in the car.
My favorite display was the Tornado. My 2 year old liked the Vortex, the older ones like the Dino Quest the most.

2 Thank Trader1109

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Many activities broken!”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Took my grandson today and was very disappointed that at least 1/3 of the activities were not working. To charge $13 for admission and then not maintain the exhibits is like stealing.

2 Thank Ebarin
manchester
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A great day out for parents as well”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We spotted this science centre on Google maps and thought we would give it a go. The children (aged 12, 10 and 5) had a great time doing a whole variety of things and giving the parents some well earned rest!

The regular exhibits were very good, although a couple were not working properly. However really got the attention of the children and they would have happily stayed for hours longer that we did.

My two 'complaints' were that the tickets sales girl did not listen to our questions and kept turning away from the microphone. She answered questions and gave information based she thought she wanted to hear not what she did hear. Also, there is no specific picnic site - only the "Taco Bell patio". We ended up on the grass in the car park.

The 4D movie is like all American films aimed at children - it is very heavy on the 'save the world' issue and less on what you can do yourself in a little way. But enjoyable anyway.

However, the real point of the place is to entertain children in a more constructive way than Disney and that they do very very well.

2 Thank the-surveyor
Glendora
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Learn and Explore”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

FREE for Bank of America card holders on the first weekend of the month (except Sundays) http://museums.bankofamerica.com

I have been wanting to go, but didn't like the price $13 Adult, $10 Child plus $4 parking so I have waiting for a good deal.

I would not recommend this place for toddlers. This is a place for 6 and up. A child needs to be able to read and comprehend or would loose interest.

My toddler enjoyed the 4D Turtle Movie, the Cloud Ring, Tornado, Pinwall, the Magnetic Pipes, oh and playing volleyball with mom and dad.

The negatives I have are: Grossology exhibit was really loud and some items weren't working. The employees who just stand around or sit at a table and don't engage the kids with the exception of the Hockey - he was very kind and enthusiastic with my son. After 1pm it was really crowded. The Hockey section is not really science and it was a little too much.

I don't recommend purchasing the Dino-Quest. - You can still walk through there.

When you go...cause of course you still want to check out on your own...go early, take lunch and eat in the Taco Bell patio in the museum or at dino-quest. If you go in the afternoon save yourself $4 and park at the mall across the street...you will have to make the walk anyways. And look for a good deal like Groupon.

Last peace of advise is engage with your kids don't just set them free (this isn't Chuck E Cheese its a MUSEUM). Teach them to take turns and be patient waiting for an exhibit.

3 Thank socalpcktmemories
Buena Park, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I don't know where all the good reviews came from”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

But I can say, we didn't like it. First of all, they charge you $4 for parking there. Tickets to get in are more expensive than they posted on their website and brochures, and once you get inside, the place is crowded. Seeing a 4D movie is an extra charge, and when you get into the theater, it's overcrowded with people and you sit through a lecture on being environmentally conscious. Meanwhile, the entire parking lot outside is strewn with trash.

We paid extra for the Dinosaur adventure, so we tried to do it - went into a shack to get a map or find out what we were supposed to do, were ignored by the volunteers and when we finally pulled a volunteer aside to ask him.. he didn't know anything about the attraction. Another volunteer noticed my annoyed look and took over, and she managed to explain it all to us. They give you wands and a map to go out over the attraction and do a scavenger hunt and then report back to a station when you are done for "fossil rewards". When we went out into the attraction to find these things, once again - no one had explained to us what to do when we found the things, so we had to watch other guests use their wands to figure out how the wands worked, and when we figured it out, our wands didn't function correctly unless we shook them and waved them all over the place - a lot of people were having the same trouble. Since we could not do the hunt with the wands we got, we got disgusted and went back inside.

It might be a great attraction for kids toddlers - hard to say. My 7 year old was bored. And there was no order - it was all pandemonium inside; we didn't even have someone to check the tickets we purchased at entry - so we had to try and flag someone down just to get into the place.

Definitely not worth the money we paid. For almost the same price, we could do Knotts Berry Farm for the whole day, which would have been a much better value.

2 Thank Mamamootz