“Disappointing”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Irvine, CA
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We tried Clemente's after reading the good reviews here. We ordered a shrimp ceviche tostada, which was delicious. The fish tacos were fine, but a bit skimpy on the fish. The swordfish special with capers came swimming in way too much runny creamy garlic sauce and too many salty capers. The grilled swordfish steak was a half inch thick and almost submerged in sauce. The salad was the same shredded lettuce that came on the taco, rendered inedible by the cream sauce. And I love refried beans, but these were a bit runny. The service was a bit slow and relaxed. Overall, I am sure they have other things on the menu I would have enjoyed more but this place is nothing special.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JanChris

San Angelo, Texas
“Strip malls are the secret to hole in the wall joints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm not sure how they stay in business, as everytime I go in there, there's almost no one around. I assume there are a lot of take out orders, but I hope they stay around for a long time. The food is so fresh and delicious! I almost always order the shrimp ceviche tostada, as you get probably 1lb of shrimp for $7 + change. Their other menu items, shrimp diablo, seafood soup, desserts, etc are also quite delicious and the family that runs it are super nice. I love their chips and salsa, I think the chips are made from flour tortillas. In any case, I use them as the spoon for my ceviche. I come here as often as I can, but there are a lot of places on my OC list of restuarants.

• Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“Clemente's amazing seafood in a family ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

On my way to the airport in Santa Ana ,wanted to have a quick get together with friends and was craving seafood. I am so glad I ended up in Clemente Seafood. Fresh Oysters, awesome swordfish. I even got to try my friend's Mahi Mahi. It was so good, we had to share a bite of our meals. The husband and wife team that run the place really make you feel at home. I can make this a tradition every time I'm flying out of John Wayne's airport, which also happens to be a great alternative to LAX. Oh, minor detail: The prices are very very good too.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Blink and you'll miss it. Located in a strip mall just off of MacArthur Blvd. in beautiful Santa Ana, this seafood restuarant boasts some of the freshest fish and friendliest staff I've ever encountered.

To start: chips and salsa... so tasty. Then, oysters. I typically prefer steamed to raw so when my companion suggested that we order them raw, I agreed with an optimistic grin but did not anticipate that I would absolutely LOVE them. In addition to being savory, they were huge!

Our entrees were swordfish in lemon butter sauce with capers served with pintos and rice and Mahih Mahi over fresh greens and vegetables. Both were delicious!! I'm not exaggerating when I say this was some of the freshest, most delicious fish to have met these lips.

This restuarant gets 5 stars from me is because not only was the food scrumptious, the service was excellent. When my date was served the incorrect beer due to a miscommunication, the error was immediately corrected at no extra charge.

I highly recommend this charming spot.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Amanda M
Wisconsin
“Fish Tacos were good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice little diner for lunch or a quick bite. Good value. Staff was very friendly. Portions were large.

Visited December 2012