“No wifi as advertised”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Ysidro
Las Vegas
“No wifi as advertised”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Could not connect to the Internet. Desk clerk seemed uninterested in assisting was uninterested in helping. Other than that a nice place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Imperial Beach
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i am happy to return to the travel lodge again. my stay was pleasant and peaceful. i have every intention to return. thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

San Ysidro, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I can not believe the experience I just had. We are frequent patrons of this property, usually staying once or twice a month. We have always had a very good rapport with the owner and another very nice gentleman. To my utter dismay when we TRIED to check in today a young man by the name of SALVADOR PERFECTO (how ironic) told my husband our credit card was declined for insuffiencent funds for the deposit. I provided another form of payment and asked him hwo much was he trying to authorize, in which he stated $100.00. I told him we are frequent guests and they have never charged us $100.00. He tried to tell us this was the standard deposit which we know is false. when my husband told him he was not happy with his service. This young man then canceled our reservation right in front of my face! When I told him we made no request to cancel our room, he told me that he "could not have an unhappy guest stay there"! I am a supervosor in the hospitality industry and can not believe how poorly we were treated. If I were to give that kind of service to my guest, I would have been fired. I am a wyndom rewards guest as well but did not bother to bring it up. I have never ,ever had such poor quality service anywhere and am very unhappy how this was handled. You can be sure I will be speaking to the general manger to express my displeasure.

2 Thank Pat R

Travelers are raving about these San Ysidro hotels

Waterboro, Maine
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked two deluxe rooms for two nights, the staff was nice, the rooms were great for the price. There is a Mexican Restaurant next door that was very good if your hungry you can't beat the price, its open 24/7 also. We would stay at this Travelodge again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra go for the deluxe room.
Irapuato
Reviewed May 23, 2013

great hotel for what i pay for the room was clean, the people in the front desk were very kind. average breakfast and great location, near Las americas mal
the only problema is next to a tráiler park and some night there was loud music.

San Diego
Reviewed May 22, 2013

You truly get what you pay for!! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I was hoping for a diamond in the rough when I found a $26 deal, all I got was coal!!! I arrived about 2pm on May 19, 2013 and was told that check in was at 4pm and they don't make any acceptions. I mentioned that I'm a Wyndham Rewards member and I was told "I don't care. We don't check in before 4pm." I was then told that I could handle all of the paperwork ahead of time and come back for my key. I agreed and was then hit with the regular room charge authorization and then and additional $150 authorization!!! This was not disclosed in my confirmation summary. Needless to say I was quite upset and I was then told to either "pay it or find another hotel." I was flabbergasted indeed. Upon check out the next morning, I walked to the front desk and said "hello" to the clerk. He didn't understand English very well and got an attitude with me saying "what did you say to me?" I said that I said "hello" and he said "oh, what do you want?" This place is sooooooooooo unprofessional!! STAY AWAY!!! There's a Motel 6 right next door if you just have to stay in this area!! What's the point of being a Wyndham Rewards member when you receive such poor service??

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Chula Vista Inn
Chula Vista Inn
#11 of 21 in Chula Vista
Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay

Been to Travelodge San Ysidro? Share your experiences!