“Hotel is good for money, but a lot of noise throughout the...”

Travelodge San Ysidro
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Ysidro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Number one, if you see my other review of this SAME hotel it is excellent. The problem that I have with it sometimes is that you have to check in at 4pm but most of the time, IN THE PAST, that wasn't a problem until yesterday. I always wanted to know why exactly and the clerk responded when asked, "it's the rules". Not a problem with that answer but obviously I really wanted to hear more than that since I had checked in earlier before. There was another customer complaining about the same thing in the lobby. I HAVE THE RIGHT BY LAW TO COMPLAIN. COMPLAINTS BUILD BUSINESS. SETTLE YOUR COMPLAINTS, KEEP A PERSON'S BUSINESS. The clerk said that I should go to another travelodge who breaks the rules, the problem was that I WAS AT ONE ALREADY.

Number 2, they always charge a deposit most of the time. I never had a problem with it but this time they charged me 100 dollars instead of 50 without telling me it would be 100 SO I COMPLAINED ABOUT IT.
Number 3, when checking out this morning, Neil, told me that I couldn't stay there anymore because of complaining. I believe this was retaliation because the clerk may be his wife or sister. I never saw her before and I stay at this hotel many of times.

Number 4: No visitors allowed, only Travelogde with such an erroneous policy.

Number 5: They don't take cash. So if you don't have the FLUCTUATING deposit on your card, you are out of a room.

PLEASE READ MY OTHER REVIEW OF THIS HOTEL THAT YOU MAY KNOW THAT I'M NOT LYING ABOUT THIS. WHY WOULD I DO THIS UNLESS IT WAS TRUE?

Please visit other Wyndham hotels in the area such as Ramada, Super 8, Howard Johnson. They were actually trying to charge one customer 250 deposit! And I'm complaining, she should have really complained!

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side of the front desk is okay.On the right side, their is a trailer park. The ne...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
17 Thank Azenday5216
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Was not even able to get in my room that had already paid the front desk clerk was so rude and refused to give me my room just because I asked why he was asking for ID and the credit card and told me to get the hell out of his property worst expierence ever ! Felt I was in a third world country hotel! He even said he would call the police because I kept asking him I only wanted my room and that had already paid for!had to pay another hotel told them what happened and was told that this person does it to the majority of the clients!
That person should not work providing service to anyone he does not greet, Is rude and unconsiderate !

Room Tip: Do not book here not worth the experience I have been sick ever since!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay
Chula Vista Inn
Chula Vista Inn
#11 of 21 in Chula Vista

Been to Travelodge San Ysidro? Share your experiences!