“Total Dump-Possible credit card fraud alert”

Travelodge San Ysidro
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Ysidro
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Total Dump-Possible credit card fraud alert”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. Upon checking in, I was asked for a credit card for incidentals. Not sure what incidentals can be had at a dumpy Travelodge, but no problem, at least until he began writing down my credit card info on a piece of paper in the office. When he proceeded to turn the card over to get the verification number I told him to stop.

He said that they write down every customers credit card numbers since they do not have a machine. He then said that my reservation was canceled and to deal with Hotwire. Hotwire didn't care and said they would not refund they stay and I had to dispute the charge with my CC company who were amazed that a merchant is writing down numbers and not at least getting an imprint which shows how sketchy this place is. They immediately advised me to cancel the card and get a new one reissued.

Anyone who stays or has stayed here needs to check the card they used closely.

I am probably lucky I didn't end up staying here. The "lobby" check in area was disgusting. Walls were gross, huge chunks out of the floor tile. The breakfast area was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

At best, you may save 10-15$ over a better place in the same general area. It's not worth it. This place is a dump in all aspects.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SDNX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I came across this hotel because of the price to be honest. I really like to be closer to the city but the prices are near 60 dollars. When you realize that it is only ten minutes away, it's not that bad for a savings of 25 dollars. The rooms are very spacious but I suggest the deluxe because they are newer. The regular rooms are good for the price but the deluxe is like getting a Marriott looking room for a couple of dollars more. I come here often because the price is right and Orlando treats me and everybody with respect. He sounds and acts like Mr. Rourke (ricardo montalban)from the show Fantasy Island. The value is unbeatable. Arthur W

• Stayed June 2012
Manila
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Initial impression..."OH MY GOD... Glad I'm not driving... my car would be gone in the morning."

On the outside, the place is filthy, junky looking beyond description. The lobby is not any better... there's nothing inviting about it at all. Breakfast nook is sooo very depressing.

Worst thing about the place, tho, was the guy at the front desk. This guy has no customer service skills at all. AND I MEAN NONE! He would not give me his name... but I'm pretty sure it was Neil. He takes any comments about the hotel or Internet reviews as a personal affront. He needs a one way ticket out the door...

He refused to check me in even tho I pre-paid the hotel.

Wydham does NOT need this type of hotel or employee among
it's ranks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank ManilaBubba

Travelers are raving about these San Ysidro hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Management was rude, the rooms were dirty, the rooms were musty, and the appliances were rusty. I would never book a room there again. The entire stay was most uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ccxz87
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I read the reviews and decided to book at this Travelodge. We were NOT in a renovated room. The floor wasn't level in spots, the bathroom had cracked and stained spots. I didn't even want to get into the bed. There was an ancient looking kitchenette, something I would not feel safe using. I feel like I did not stay at the same hotel as some of the other reviewers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank LC C
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have worked so hard within the last couple weeks that I just needed to get away with my family and relax. I decided to travel here from Tucson, AZ. I arrived @ about 2am and the person I dealt with @ front desk is Orlando the night auditor. Now this man has what it takes when it comes to Customer Service skills. No matter what I needed he was very attentive & he was very knowledable on the surrounding attractions which made it very convenient to make sure that my kids had a very good time. I surely hope that Oralando is recognized and rewarded in some way for his hard work and dedication. Thank You so much, I will definetely stay here again. The only recommendation I have is to have a little bit more selection when it comes to breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MARISELA R
Manitoba
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My sister-in-law had booked this hotel for a two night stay in San Diego, & our 1st impression when pulling up to the hotel was...."what the heck have we gotten into!" However, after we checked in, we were very impressed with the recently renovated rooms. Tastefully decorated, lovely linens, mini fridge and microwave. Rooms were small, but efficient. Price couldn't be beat! Don't know the last time we paid less than $100.00 (taxes in) for 2 nights of lodging. Literally 1 block from a large outlet mall, and just 1 mile from the Tijuana border. Breakfast was simple, but just right to get you started for the day, and a lovely woman oversees the food bar, keeping it stocked at all times. The walls are pretty thin, but it was a quiet area to stay on a Wed and Thurs night. All in all, nothing negative to report.

Room Tip: I can assure you that room numbers 107 & 108 were very good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Chula Vista Inn
Chula Vista Inn
#11 of 21 in Chula Vista
Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld

Been to Travelodge San Ysidro? Share your experiences!