“freedom” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in San Simeon
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Taft, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“freedom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

our first family trip since 2004 . I got a settlement and after years of my kids doing without we bought a new car and went to Morro Bay to San Simeon we stayed at the Courtesy inn in the Family room it was big everyone was friendly the kids loved the indoor heated pool. dinner on sat the 4 th of May we ate at the Big Sur California Café Myra our server was nice , happy and very efficient it was my husband me 3 girls ages 14, 12, 10 and our son 11 they the food was good especially the beer battered prawns everyone loved them I even ordered 2 orders to take back to the room. I would go back again when we go back there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Dont be put off by the look of the place from outside. Its really nice here. The staff are very friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them. The food was good, with generous portions The service. was good too. What more do you need from a restaurant.
If there was a down side I would say it was a little expensive, but then again they all are expensive in California.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank AlabamaRon
Toronto, Canada
“SO RUDE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

On Apr 18, I pulled in for breakfast...seeing a sign that advertised for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although the hours were posted right on the door, and I was there at 9 am, the door was locked. Inside, there was a woman tending to something..she had a dog. I was confused, as the sign said breakfast, but she ignored me until the dog began barking at me. She then looked up and said: "Clearly, we're closed. BYE!!" Wow...you just never know, when you treat people so unkindly, what that particular action might have on their day...Maybe it's like a slap in the face, since you are feeling a little fragile already, due to personal circumstances...and I was :( Would it take so much more energy to smile and say sorry, we are closed? No idea why when the sign advertises 7 am. To the lady (STAFF MEMBER) with the dog, I have one word... KARMA.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Juliette1955
Santa Barbara, California
“Great quick breakfast place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a place to grab some breakfast before we got on the road. We were the only people in this restaurant that morning. Guy who waited on us was nice and quick. Took our orders and then left us alone until the food was ready which I enjoyed. Seems like it is more of a place big tour buses would stop to have breakfast rather than a local. We got the French toast and the breakfast platter. Food was great although I think it was a tad bit overpriced at ten dollars for eggs toast has browns and sausage. If you re looking for breakfast and just want a breakfast place this is your place.

1 Thank sblibra86
Fresno, California
“GOOD!!! GOOD!!! GOOD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant even though it seemed really quite on a friday morning, we took our chanse and walked in here.....the service was great my waitress had a great smile and was very patient with us.....the food was wonderful, i had the ham and chesse omelet and it was the best, and the biggest i have ever tasted. Defenetly will be back for more... Thank you

• Visited February 2013