“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Sur Restaurant

Big Sur Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in San Simeon
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Dont be put off by the look of the place from outside. Its really nice here. The staff are very friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them. The food was good, with generous portions The service. was good too. What more do you need from a restaurant.
If there was a down side I would say it was a little expensive, but then again they all are expensive in California.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AlabamaRon

• Finnish first
Toronto, Canada
“SO RUDE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

On Apr 18, I pulled in for breakfast...seeing a sign that advertised for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although the hours were posted right on the door, and I was there at 9 am, the door was locked. Inside, there was a woman tending to something..she had a dog. I was confused, as the sign said breakfast, but she ignored me until the dog began barking at me. She then looked up and said: "Clearly, we're closed. BYE!!" Wow...you just never know, when you treat people so unkindly, what that particular action might have on their day...Maybe it's like a slap in the face, since you are feeling a little fragile already, due to personal circumstances...and I was :( Would it take so much more energy to smile and say sorry, we are closed? No idea why when the sign advertises 7 am. To the lady (STAFF MEMBER) with the dog, I have one word... KARMA.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Juliette1955
Santa Barbara, California
“Great quick breakfast place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a place to grab some breakfast before we got on the road. We were the only people in this restaurant that morning. Guy who waited on us was nice and quick. Took our orders and then left us alone until the food was ready which I enjoyed. Seems like it is more of a place big tour buses would stop to have breakfast rather than a local. We got the French toast and the breakfast platter. Food was great although I think it was a tad bit overpriced at ten dollars for eggs toast has browns and sausage. If you re looking for breakfast and just want a breakfast place this is your place.

1 Thank sblibra86
Fresno, California
“GOOD!!! GOOD!!! GOOD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant even though it seemed really quite on a friday morning, we took our chanse and walked in here.....the service was great my waitress had a great smile and was very patient with us.....the food was wonderful, i had the ham and chesse omelet and it was the best, and the biggest i have ever tasted. Defenetly will be back for more... Thank you

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Marylin H
New South Wales, Australia
“Over priced, but great service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went late for meal with my wife, the waiter was brilliant and the servings large - but it was too expensive for what it was. Clam chowder was good, and the waiter was fantastic, so we left a big tip.

• Visited October 2012