“Amazing”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Unbelievable Restaurant
Wow…wow...wow...I don’t know who the chef of this place is but he and I like the same types of food. He is amazing. It’s rather romantic for starters. My fiancé and I stayed at a little hotel across the street for a stop over before going to the Hearst Castle the next morning. I wanted a nice romantic dinner and I got one. I had the artichoke appetizer. I forgot how fresh they are out in California. There were so many of them and they were simply to die for. Then I had the Chicken Piccata. They let me order fettuccini on the side with the piccata sauce too, amazing. My fiancé had the fliet mignion with blue cheese on it. It was perfect. This place is in the middle of no where and they take their food seriously.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Awful portions. Had to beg for more bread to go along with tiny, tiny salad. Was told by hotel we would get a discount, but we did not get one. Save yourself some money and get a sandwich from the bait store.

1  Thank dcsteve56
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food was good at this restaurant attached to a hotel that looked not so great. Good good seafood, the service was quick. Highly recommend it. A bit on the expensive side but worth it.

1  Thank NorthOCTraveler
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Looked up scale. Meat had no flavor, small portions.
Expensive for what you got.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This isn't gourmet dining but we weren't looking for that. If you are looking for a nice, very tasty meal served
by friendly people at a decent price then the Manta Rey is a great choice.