Days Inn San Simeon
$123
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
$60
  • Pool
$99
Hotels.com
$159
Agoda.com
$72
$57
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
$90
$87
Hotels.com
$62
QualityInn
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
$79
$77
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
$70
$64
Travelocity
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$149
$137
Oceanpoint Ranch
All reviewsroom was cleanhearst castlefree breakfastocean viewbig surroad tripwould stay here againno elevatorconvenient locationrestaurant next doorsecond floormotelcerealcoastmicrowavemilesdiner
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped in San Simeon for one night en route to Solvang on our California trip. We had room 101 on the ground floor. The room was clean and smelled strongly of polish. The breakfast also was fine. I don't think I would bother staying in San Simeon again as the hotel is about two miles along the road from the actual town which, although nice, if you blinked you would pass it. I believe there are nice restaurants which we didn't try.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed for 1 night with my 2 teenage sons on the way down from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Although the room looked a little tired, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The staff were extremely polite and welcoming and helped me sort my booking for Hearst Castle which I did on line on the computer in reception.
More than adequate and fine for a short stay. Apart from Hearst Castle which was fun to visit, there does not seem to be a lot more to do there but an ideal stop off. The breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a very decent motel to stay in for us as we were on a fairly lengthy road trip and on a budget for our stop-overs.

The manager - Zach - soon had us booked in and we were pleased with our room, which was clean and tidy with ample room for two and a fridge and microwave cooker for snacks and with a back door that opened up onto a terrace so you could step out front where you could see the sea. It was a little way off but close enough to see it and we had a bed each - a nice change after 36 years of just the one!

We nipped up the road and got settled into a happy hour at another place and enjoyed a few Margarita's before having a walk along the coast and then to a restaurant for a few more Margaritas and a meal and then a walk back as the sun was setting over the sea. Coming from England where we have had the wettest summer in over 100 years and no memorable evening sunsets to speak off, it was great.

We were away from any traffic noise, even though we were facing the road, the free wifi worked perfectly and we had a good evenings sleep. In the morning there was a basic breakfast on offer cereals, waffles, toast etc and then we were gone. There is a diner next door if anyone requires a more 'hearty' breakfast.

A very pleasant place, reasonably priced and well run by Zach. If we are ever on this road again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NelsonTouch7
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We booked a night here during our roadtrip just as a place to stay while on our way home since it's close to Hearst Castle which is a MUST see, absolutely beautiful.

The motel is clean and definitely gets the job done for someone looking to just sleep. The service was kind and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel186
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A happy stay at the Days Inn San Simeon requires your expectations to be in line with what you're getting. If you're expecting a four-star hotel, then you're not going to be just disappointed, you'll be down right angry. If you're expecting a motel to sleep, shower and get back on your way, then this hotel accomplishes that for you, but not in any spectacular fashion.

The check-in process was efficient and friendly. No complaints and I got the sea view room that I had reserved. The room was dated in style, but clean. The bath had an odd odor that they seemed to have attempted to mask with Febreeze, but it wasn't unbearable. The bed was ok, but given that I had done 100 miles of cycling that day, I would have slept well on any mattress. The shower had only one temperature, hot. It wasn't scalding hot, but I had to do some contortions because of the spot sunburns I had earned prior to arriving. Bring your own toiletries. There was a fridge and it kept my water bottle frosty cold, a positive for anyone that might be bringing along a six pack or two. There was a CRT TV and it worked just fine. The Days Inn included a continental breakfast, but I sought something more hearty. Across from the check-in office was a diner. The breakfast in the diner was actually pretty good, the service was not good.

So again, it's all about expectations here. While the price might be comparable to a Hyatt or Westin type property, this property makes no effort to pretend it's in that class. If you're doing the Hearst Castle tour or the drive up the coast and just need to place to rest your head for the night, then the Days Inn will work for you as long as you're not expecting a 3 or 4 star hotel experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo