Lowest prices for your stay
$49
Free cancellation until 12/13/21
Official Site
$49
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$47
Expedia.com$49
Priceline$49
ZenHotels.com$61
All reviews hearst castle cambria ocean pet dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2017

You usually know what you get with Motel 6 and it's usually a safe and good choice without the big surprises.
One of the drawbacks with Motel 6 is that fridge and micro are not standard. So if you need it, be careful what room you choose and make sure its included or available.
My experience is that this place is a good choice for a few days stay on the coast of San Simeon / Cambria. Despite some negative aspects I would not have any doubts about staying here again. I will rate it as 3+.
Pros:
Spacious and nice room.
Good location just off hwy 1.
Restaurant on site.
Very friendly and welcoming staff.
Cons:
Very poor and unstable WIFI, comes and goes.
The WIFI code has to be renewed every day, and it is one code for each device, which can be a bit frustrating (make sure you get enough codes for all your devices).
Low waterpressure.
Poor sound insulation between the rooms.
I have seen more tidy pool areas, think it looks better on the pictures than in reality.
Extremely noisy fan in the bathroom, which turns on automatically when you turn on the light. Makes more noise than a nuclear powerplant, but maybe its on purpose as some kind of a power saving measure?

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Motel 6 isn’t exactly a luxury experience but then you’re not paying luxury prices. We find Motel 6 to be perfect on a road trip because many independent motels can be downright scary! This Motel 6 was even a little nicer than the average Motel 6. We arrived late at night and left early in the morning and didn’t even notice the pool. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the linens and towels were acceptable and the water pressure was fine. What else could you ask for in an inexpensive motel? The coffee was even decent and then came the gem of this Motel 6. As I was getting my coffee, a front office clerk named Sean struck up a conversation and then started giving me possible highlights of my intended road trip and offering tips. He even gave me tips that I didn’t know about and then directions to other possible locations. Thanks Sean for all of your advice and for being a straight up honest and helpful individual.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2017

very basic motel. very basic rooms. noicy. not very comfortable at all. very pricy for what you will get. This was by far the most expensive night during our trip - we payed less and got more both in LA and in SF. If you get the room with less than 100$ then it is barely acceptable, but we had to pay much more. No breakfast, but free coffee in the lobby. HOwever, the coffe is only until 10 or 10:30 and if you dare to ask if one minute after, you will get very angry reponse from the staff (I understand that it can be limited to morning hours only, but you could be little bit more polite if guest do not know it and ask it one minute after the deadline). the evening staff was nice and polite. There is also co-located restaurant for simple dinner (did not try) and for breakfast (I looked what they offer and with what price, and decided that no way am I going to eat there)

Room tip: ask room from upper level and facing the sea
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

The price is very reasonable and the rooms are really nice and clean! We stayed on ground floor building two. The outdoor pool is nearby. Not a lot within walking distance. More hotels, some restaurants and the ocean is right across the highway. Souvenir and alcohol. But really, what more do you need?

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2017

We arrived late at night and were welcome by a nice member of the staff. We'd also booked a wheelchair accessible room by mistake and luckily the staff was very helpful and changed our room to a regular one after we asked for it.

The wifi used to be paid, but they offer it for free now - however, it does only work on a single device at one time.

Otherwise the location was nice, right next to the road but calm and quiet. In case you're looking for a dinner or breakfast place, there is also a bar/restaurant accessible from the reception and the motel's guests get a discount.

Room tip: The accessibility room has a huge bathroom but it looks a bit scary. If you don't need the accessibility, I'd recommend a regular room.
Date of stay: April 2017