“Cheap stay, large rooms”
Review of Motel 6 San Simeon

Motel 6 San Simeon
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Stavanger
“Cheap stay, large rooms”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Positive experiences with this motel. We had a large room facing to the backside of the hotel. Clean and tidy, but NO refrigiator in the room.

• Liked — Large room
  • Disliked — No refrigiator in room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 28, 2008

The Motel 6 in San Simeon was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and nice. The staff in the front desk were polite. Sure, the corridor and stairs were a bit worn, but beside that, my husband and I was content. Our room faced the hillside: We did not hear a single noise from the Pacific Coast Highway 1! Everything was quiet!

• Liked — The location, close to heartst castle and great nature and the price
  • Disliked — the stains on the carpet in the corridor
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HelenaUmeaLosAngeles
Queensland
Reviewed March 29, 2008

This was our first experience in a Motel 6, during four weeks of travel in the USA. I must admit that the cost of the room at $52.00 had me a little worried when I saw the rates clearly signposted in the hotel lobby. We were however pleasantly surprised at the standard of the room. As you would expect, it had no refrigerator or other cooking devices. The room was clean, bed comfortable and had everything we needed for a good nights sleep. We also used the hotel restaurant and found the food good, reasonably priced and staff friendly.

The receptionist gave us a phone number to ring prior to our departure, asking us to participate in a survey on how we found the hotel. It would appear that either the chain or individual hotel are trying to improve its image.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank floody48
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I am surprised by the negative review just before this, as I had such a positive experience. I was given a room on the second floor in the middle building (of three buildings). I could see the ocean from my room, which was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. No problem with the carpet or bathroom in my room, unlike the previous reviewer.

I was impressed that this Motel 6 had interior hallways and a nice restaurant on-site. The parking lot was well lit and the whole hotel seemed very safe. It was a 5 minute drive to the Hearst Castle and Cambria (many restaurants) is about 7 minutes away.

For the $35.99 internet rate, all I was hoping for was clean and comfortable. This hotel far exceeded those expectations. I would certainly stay again and recommend to others. (I hope they don't get the room the other reviewer got!)

• Liked — Location / Value
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank takingahike
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2008

After a long drive from San Fran we were tired and exhausted and just needed a bed. Unfortunately we tried Motel 6 first and were happy with the price - we should have known better.

The room was spacious but the door was so poorly fitted that the light from the hall was shining through it all night. The walls were even thinner than paper and I could hear next door snoring - although we were on the opposing wall.

The bed was comfy enough for the night but the bahtroom was full of mould so that we refused to have a shower there.

Both receptionists were indifferent but polite.

Would I stay again ?? No way, never !!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The noise, the mould in the bathroom, dirty carpets
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these San Simeon hotels

Brasília
Reviewed January 2, 2008

When I arrived there was a dummy guy at the reception who asked for my "driver's license". Since I'm not American, I showed him the proper document for a foreigner: a passport, where all my personal data and a photo are printed. He asked me again for a driver's license and I explained that the passport was the adequate document for a hotel, not the driver's licence. He insisted rudely, asking me if I had or not a driver's license. I realized that I should show my driver's license otherwise I would not have the room. At this time I was guessing if I was Japanese, Thai or Arab, with a document written in these languages what that guy would do with the document. Sure he should ask for a photo ID, but he was so badly trained or even so dummy that for him the only possible photo ID is a driver's license. So if you are a tourist that do not have a driver's license or for any reason didn't bring it with youserlf, you can't get a room there. The room looked clean, but has a smell that made me suppose that it has been closed for months. The restaurant has a very slow service, so don't go there if you are pushed by the time. The rudeness of reception is a standard maintained at the restaurant. If I come back to San Simeon someday, I'll try another accomodation.

• Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Averbuch
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2007

At the end of long day’s ride it was a pleasure to check into the Motel 6 in San Simeon. The room was comfortable and quite spacious and the pool area quite private. I ate across the road at a very nice Mexican restaurant and enjoyed a good night’s sleep. The staff were busy cleaning the main floor hallway rugs and I assume that the second floor hallway was next as it really needed a good steam clean.

Attached to the hotel are a nicely appointed restaurant and bar.

Good budget accommodation in a very beautiful area. I’d stay here again.

Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
#5 of 12 in Cambria
Quality Inn San Simeon
Quality Inn San Simeon
#10 of 10 in San Simeon

Been to Motel 6 San Simeon? Share your experiences!