This hotel was convenient as a one night stop-off while travelling the coastal highway 1. The staff at check-in and check-out were friendly and helpful. Free soda refills at the restaurant. Although the room was clean and larger than expected for a motel, I wasn't impressed with the squeaky, uncomfortable sheets and the ant infestation. The noisy extractor fan in the bathroom sounded like a helicopter taking off (you could also hear the neighbour's fan) and the toilet blocked way too easily.
We didn't have breakfast there, but tried the restaurant out for dinner. The server barely had a grasp of english and did not serve what I ordered. What they did end up serving was greasy and had little flavour.
Generally, the property just has a cheap and outdated feel to it, even though it was more than $100 for one night's stay! It's okay if you have nowhere else to stay for a better price. But really, there are some better motels up and down the strip where this Motel 6 is. I suggest you try a few before deciding on this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 San Simeon - Hearst Castle Area is 6 miles from Hearst Castle and across the street from the ocean! Some rooms offer a partial view of the ocean. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, outdoor pool and smoke free rooms. Wi-Fi is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Motel-6, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Motel 6 San Simeon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 San Simeon Hotel San Simeon
- Motel 6 San Simeon Hearst Castle Area
- Motel Six San Simeon
- San Simeon Motel Six
- San Simeon Motel 6