I stayed with a friend for one night and she was impressed of it. I have been in this motel before years ago and knew about the place, my friend was a little skeptical about staying on a Motel 6 but, since our budget was limited, she agreed. If you are going to visit Hearst Castle, this is your place to set as your base. It is not fancy and does not have over the top amenities but it is clean and comfortable. Be aware of the vending machine, the bottle of water cost $2.50, we put $5 on the machine and never got our waters. Just go to the front desk to report it and they will give you your money back without hesitation. The toilet does not have a lid so be careful since is very easy to accidentally drop your keys or phone...
Overall, don't set your expectations too high if you only want a clean place to get a shower and rest a little bit during your trip along the beautiful Californian Central coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 San Simeon - Hearst Castle Area is 6 miles from Hearst Castle and across the street from the ocean! Some rooms offer a partial view of the ocean. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, outdoor pool and smoke free rooms. Wi-Fi is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 San Simeon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 San Simeon Hotel San Simeon
- Motel 6 San Simeon Hearst Castle Area
- Motel Six San Simeon
- San Simeon Motel Six
- San Simeon Motel 6