Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
  • Pool
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
View Hotel
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
  • Pool
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)
2,940 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningkeurig coffee makeron site restaurantwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceanhear the wavescentral coastsecond floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This is a great hotel for visiting the Hearst Castle. It has nice size rooms and my disabled mother was given a great room with an ocean front view and a good bathroom. Great amenities, the best we had the whole week in CA. However, there is no air conditioning! Be warned. While it was not hot when we visited, my husband likes to sleep in artic conditions and he was flawed that in California, a hotel would not even have a wall shaker! It never occurred to me to ask as I just assumed all hotels in Sunny CA would have them! The staff were kind and brought up a fan, but it was an issue as the room was a bit stuffy for him. However, the rooms themselves are nice and the location is excellent - right on the beach. The front desk staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations etc. We did not eat at the restaurant on site as to us, it had no atmosphere, however we ate right across the street at Manta Ray which was very good. The BW had firepits on the beach at night which were great and we met a lot of nice folks who were also staying there. It had a pool but we didn't use it and one internet desk in reception. Parking was free. Very good hotel for an overnight visit after visiting the fabulous Hearst Castle.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mwooduk
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed here on CA trip-would STAY HERE AGAIN! Had an ocean view, binoculars included in room, to watch whales; what luck; 3-4, humpback whales, mom and babes, going north. Nature at its best----such a sight to see!!! (not all rooms have the ocean view...just ask if any are available-but its a short walk to the beach, more seating there)
Great staff, with all kinds of tips on where to go and what to see (elephant seals, right up north-who knew! And what a sight to see!)
I was headed to the beach my 1st night and didn't want to take the glasses provided in the room-I called the desk; they brought some plastic cups within 5 minutes.
This hotel is a short drive from the home of WR Hearst, which I came to see. (also a +)
(No elevators-again-must be a BW thing, but I had a ground floor.)
Micro and frig in room, along with a WELL stocked mini bar and snacks, in case you forgot something-the nearest market is about 4 miles south.
The staff is GREAT, the hot tub HOT, and did I mention the 3 fire pits that they get going at dusk?? And eveyone likes to gather 'round! Met folks from all over the globe! ANd by the way-some rooms-mine-have fireplaces, too! WOW, again! Comfy, yummy beds, and pillows.
Theres a restaurant next door, that I thought was really good-middle of the road, not 'upscale' , but good, and reasonable prices. This rates a good 8-8.5 on my rating scale! I wanted to stay LONGER-but work calls...I will be back here again. Period.
I have already recommended it to co-workers.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

Spent 2 days here while visiting Hearst Castle and Cambria. Had one of the ocean view rooms which is a mini suite. The room was pretty spacious with nice beds, mini bar and binoculars for viewing the sea life.
The balcony was a pleasant place to watch the action. The rooms have a presto log burning fireplace which makes it quite cozy. There are 2 swivel chairs and a table but the table should be much lower as using it for a meal means your chin is about table height unless you are extremely tall.
All in all a nice place to stay for great marine life viewing and beach walking. The have 3 large fire pits which they light at dusk with chairs surrounding so you can sit out and enjoy the stars. The only drawback is the usual thin walls and one night we had extremely noisy neighbors. There is no continental breakfast as they have a restaurant attached to the property.

Reviewed June 11, 2009

It was okay had a good stay the staff was nice I think abit too pricey since I got three rooms and very cold and windy could not do much!! with the kids except stay in the room.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank laado
Reviewed June 6, 2009

This hotel is handy to Hearst Castle. Beachfront location with good sized rooms. Room prices vary depending which type you choose. Shower over bath, iron and board in room, some rooms with fireplace (room 126 at the end of the block was great with ocean views and king bed and fireplace). Inhouse restaurant had good priced meals and delicious sized portions. Staff friendly and helpful. Oceanfront open pit fires are lit around 7.30pm so you can keep warm while watching the sunset. Five minutes south from Hearst Castle. Quiet hotel just the sound of the ocean to lull you to sleep. Complimentary wifi.

1  Thank C-Bernie