Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
$98
$269
$209
  • Restaurant
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
$90
  • Pool
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
$105
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
$109
$106
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$149
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
$100
$97
Travelocity
2,984 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningkeurig coffee makeron site restaurantwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceanhear the wavescentral coastsecond floor
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Confortable, nice bed, large room, full of amenities, fireplace. Fair price but pay attention to the pet friendly rooms: they smell dogs! Unfortunatelly we didn't pay attention to that and the smell was terrible. I suggest the hotel to keep the pet friendly rooms without carpet. And maybe include a bigger warning about the allowance on the website avoiding this inconvenience. The restaurant is good. I recomend it.

Room Tip: If you don't travel with your pet, avoid the pet friendly room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We loved this hotel! After spending a few hours at the Hearst Castle we checked in at the Cavalier Resort for the night......what a view! Our room was comfortable and had an amazing view of the ocean, only wish it was warmer so we could have enjoyed the fire pits at sunset. We both slept like babies, woke up well rested and ready to continue our drive up the California Coast. The toiletry basket was chocked full of goodies and if your wanted a snack there was plenty of those as well (for a charge naturally) We ate dinner at the onsite restaurant and the food was pretty good and our server was terrific. I will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here as we were traveling the coast on my motorcycle, and just loved this hotel. It's in the middle of nowhere as the only thing in San Simeon is Hearst Castle, but that didn't matter. Between the ocean view room, the woodstove in the room, and the firepits outside, it is an excellent place to stay on the central coast. The staff was excellent, the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were large, clean and nice, really I don't have enough nice things to stay about the place. Granted, the term resort may be a bit generous since all they have are a couple of tiny pools and firepits in the way of activities, but for a night, or maybe even a couple, I'd recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Pay the money for an ocean view room.
1  Thank ThunderWallace
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent two nights in the Terrace Section of this hotel and enjoyed ourselves greatly. We try to visit this location several times a year and are never disapointed. The Terrace Rooms are right on the water and the view is wonderful. We also enjoy the room service from the hotel restaurant. I know we will keep coming back year after year.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms 278-278 facing the water are the greatest!
1  Thank glendalemom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and included a locked mini bar and safe and big flat screen TV. The sink was stalked with standard shampoo, conditioner, lotion, but also nail polish remover, foot scrub, and a plethora of other items I don't bother to pack. In-room coffee and tea is also available. The hotel is on the beach and they have nightly bonfires, which we enjoyed after a late dinner at the on-site restraunt. The restraunt also provided excellent service. After dinner I stopped into the front desk to ask what time tours at Hearst Castle start. Reception recommended I purchase our tickets online at the lobby computer since they sell out early, so I did, and she was right because the morning tours were already sold out. That worked out for us though because it meant a leisurely breakfast and morning stroll on the beach. We headed out for Hearst visitor center an hour before our tour which was a perfect time to get there. We had time to use the restroom, pick up our tickets, watch the film and catch our bus up to Hearst Castle.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family