“Great Location for a Great Lunch”
Review of Ragged Point Inn

Ragged Point Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in San Simeon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I am so glad I hadn't seen other reviews before we came across this place. Like most we didn't plan to stop here, but after coming around the corner and finding this cute restaurant in a lovely location we decided to make a pit stop. I wonder if some of the reviews are for the snack bar and not the restaurant? We ate in the restaurant on the back patio, my husband had the daily special and it was one of his favorite meals of our entire vacation (halibut). Absolutely no complaintes at all!

Reviewed October 23, 2010

After reviewing the take-out options at the Ragged Point Inn, which is a popular stop on Highway 1 north of Cambria, we decided to give the restaurant a shot.

OK, the service was a little slow, but...having looked at previous reviews, we were pleasantly surprised by the food. Before being served, I saw several plates going by me that made me wonder if I had ordered the "right" thing.....that's how good the sandwiches looked.

Needless to say that the location is outstanding....!!! Yes, the food value was somewhat expensive, but....you have to consider the location. So....I'll go against previous reviewers a give this place a three+ rating.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

The location is outstanding with a walk along the cliffs over the ocean. The staff was friendly & fun. The food was okay.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Insanely rude staff. I was charged $4.95 for two small regular coffees, and virtually yelled at by the coffee shop lady. Absolute worst attitude. I'm a local (which this woman didn't know) I work with people all along the coast and am often asked for recommendations. Definately won't be recommending this place for anything, food, coffee or otherwise. Needless to say, this wasnt my first experience with rude employees here, so I'm not baseing this review on one bad experience. On the up side, gorgeous view of the coast line.

2  Thank Boopsquared27
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We ate dinner at the restaurant last night and could not believe the service or the bad food. I ordered crab cakes which were deep fried to a crisp. I sent them back only to be do be delivered the cakes fried the same way. My husband ordered the shrimp and scallop combo and they had no flavor. Even after putting lemon on them, they were still bland. When the check came, we noticed a 18% service charge. We waited for the waitress to come back and explain it to us. After a five minute wait, we ended up taking the check to the desk and just paid it. Ragged Point needs to get their act together as it is a beautiful setting and could be a wonderful destination point.

2  Thank CambriaDoris