The Morgan at San Simeon
$68
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
$60
  • Pool
$99
Hotels.com
$159
Agoda.com
$64
$57
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
$90
$87
Hotels.com
$62
QualityInn
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
$70
$64
Agoda.com
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
$79
$77
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$149
$137
Oceanpoint Ranch
All reviewscontinental breakfastthe mexican restauranthard boiled eggsyogurthearst castledown the roadelephant sealsocean viewheart castlebeds were comfortablepaso roblesstayed one nightcentral coastshort drivebig surmoonstone beachroom was large
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently stayed again at The Morgan San Simeon, and had a comfortable night's sleep. However, I don't know if it was from the mattress, or the work that their massage therapist Lucia did earlier in the evening.

I scheduled a session, and was told that Lucia was a very good therapist. In fact, I found her to be GREAT. She was able to work my back very effectively, plus she did a little work on my feet which some therapists don't do, and I found her touch to be firm, knowledgable and nurturing. On a scale of 1 to 10, Lucia's efforts were at least a 9. When the session was finished I felt refreshed and renewed, as fit as I would have been after visiting my regular therapist near home, who is totally in tune with the ins and outs of my various muscle and skeletal issues.

Room Tip: Although I booked late and was unable to have a view room, I enjoyed my stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CheongYei
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Paid for two nights but decided to forgo the money for the second night and leave after one. We had a room facing the freeway which was noisy, dated and absolutely without any view. The only protein at breakfast were the hard boiled eggs. The breakfast room was tiny, crowded even on the weekday, and our table was losing one of its legs. No choice - it was the only table available. I had to sit at an angle and could barely reach the table, due to overcrowding. When we mentioned to the lady at the front desk that we were leaving after one night due to the noise level, she did not say she was sorry for our discomfort even once and eagerly acceped our money for the Skittles we'd eaten from the room supplies.

If you don't get a room facing the ocean, you will find this hotel overpriced and overrated.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ensure you get a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judith B
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent visit to The Morgan Hotel in San Simeon. The Morgan is very proud to be part of California’s central Coast and we enjoy each guest that visits our home away from home. I would like to personally offer you my sincerest apologies for failing to meet or exceed your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel. The issues you mentioned were addressed and corrected. I am personally disappointed that I allowed these challenges to have a negative impact on your experience.

The reservation was booked and prepaid via an online travel agency instead of with the hotel directly, thus restricting us to perform a refund. When a reservation is booked with us directly, which is always the lowest guaranteed price, we have more flexibility to honor adjustments. Continental breakfast typically includes muffins/pastries along with coffee, tea and fresh fruit juice. We have expanded our breakfast offering to include proteins in the form of hard boiled eggs, peanut butter and serving hot and cold cereal selections.

I am confident that your next experience at our hotel will be one that is filled with friendly smiles, a great room, an incredible night's sleep and a plentiful and healthy breakfast to start your day. Thank you again for your feedback and I personally look forward to having you as guest again and having the opportunity to making a positive impression on the next visit to San Simeon.
-Michele Berry, General Manager
The Morgan, San Simeon

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This "motel" is passed off as something special and it is not. I will say it is the nicest closest place to Hearst Castle and for the most part it was clean. When I checked in the staff had their children running all over unattended. Most of the room doors were open, as I checked in early. All the rooms looked clean. There was tables and furniture stacked up in the lobby, which they used for breakfast. Not a good first impression. I was a little surprised when they handed me an actual key to the room. Hello, 1980. The rooms have been spruced up and nicer than Holiday Inn linens are used. My room did have a nice fireplace. There were stains on the carpet, the desk looked like it was 20 years old bought at a garage sale all scratched up. $3 end tables disguised with linen to make them look nice, cracked bathroom tile and a film in the "soaking" tub. The shower was very clean. I was quite puzzled by the lopsided twin roll away bed jammed in the corner of the room at the window-the window with the partial ocean view. I inquired about it at the desk and asked to have it removed and I was told it was a "Day Bed." Folks, a day bed has a frame-this did not, it was a rollaway. I made the mistake of trying to open the window, also from 1980, and it was full of bugs. A little miss-matched touch-up paint can't hide the fact the this hotel is old. The nice leather chair next to the metal TV tray as a table, well what can I say about that. The heating controls for the room were from 1960 enough said. Tiny pool, crawling with kids and no spa. Spend the extra money and stay at a nicer place. Not even asked how my stay was at check out!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights and it was wonderful. It's very close to Hearst Castle and the Hearst Castle Winery. It's also very close to the small town of Cambria that has some great dining options and cute shops. The hotel is super clean, which is very important to us. We had on-site massages and the staff was terrific. They listened to our needs and were wonderful. Desk staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. The breakfast is a typical continental one which isn't too exciting for us, but the coffee was fresh brewed with friendly staff. They offered cereal, milk, hard boiled eggs, juice, etc. My only complaint was our room was pretty close to the breakfast area so it was a bit loud. Amenities were really nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed June 24, 2012

After Riding Harleys all day from Sanfransico we were tired, cold and hungry. We received a warm greeting from the hotel and a continental breakfast the next day. The room was very nice and clean. We had a good night’s rest and would stay here again. The Mexican restaurant on site was a good choice to eat. Hearst Castle was neat too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple