“Overpriced, but OK”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were staying at the San Simeon Lodge next door and had gotten a -10% coupon for this restaurant upon check-in, so we decided to have breakfast here before driving up to Hearst Castle.
It was 9:30AM on a Saturday morning, and there were literally two people in the place when we got there - more servers than customers. Pretty view of the ocean if you're seated by the window front. Service was fast and friendly, the food quick to arrive and really quite good, but really overpriced, even with the -10% coupon. There doesn't seem to be much choice nearby however, and it's definitely cheaper than eating at the Hearst Castle visitors center.

1  Thank Tanya R

Reviewed March 11, 2013

There isn't a lot of choice in San Simeon, but I wouldn't choose this place again. The service wasn't good, and the food wasn't either.
I ordered the Oysters Rockefeller, which wasn't that great. My friends had the fried fish platter, with french fries, and they left most on the plate. Good french fries are a weakness of mine, and I only stole one fry off of my friend's plate.

1  Thank cnj98
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I eat there often when I am in the area. good food,fire place,cozy,pool table in the bar. patio,beautiful sunset dining.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

There are several restaurants in the vicinity, all of which appear similar in price and format. I ordered only a sandwich and a beer which were both satisfactory, especially since I had a discount coupon (from a motel) for the sandwich and the beer was happy-hour priced. I wasn't seeking gourmet fare, and for me this restaurant was fine.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice ocean view across the highway. We go there for a lunch meeting regularly and we frequently have the broiled salmon which is outstanding. They also have a very good breakfast. Service is good and being in the Cambria/San Simeon area is always good. Check out the Zebra's grazing between San Simeon and Hearst Castle and also between San Simeon and Cambria.