“Cool stop on our trip to big sur!”

Hearst Ranch Winery
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in San Simeon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The hand-crafted vintages of Hearst Ranch Wines have been brought to life by the collaboration of sound agricultural practices, impeccable winemaking and the philanthropic involvement of Steve Hearst and Jim Saunders. Tasting Room Open Daily 11a.m. to 5p.m. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day Located on the coast in the historic Sebastian's General Store, we are housed alongside Sebastian's Cafe and the San Simeon Post Office. Grab a sandwich at Sebastian's Cafe, and join us for a wine tasting!
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stopped here before heading to the elephant seal rock, then big sur on our trip up the coast. We didn't have enough time to do Hearst Castle so did a wine tasting instead. The Cab Franc was delicious! My only suggestion is I wished they had a pamphlet or people that worked at the winery could have shared some history on the Hearst Ranch so I could read some history while drinking some wine. It's ok though, if you have more time stop at the visitor's center for this information!

2  Thank emgroop

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This winery is located off of Hwy 1. A nice stopover after a backpacking trip to Big Sur! After a few years of purchasing 6 bottles of wine every time we stopped in,I have finally decided to become a Wine Legacy Club member. I have introduced many of my friends to their wine selection. All so far are very pleased!

1  Thank dafilpsyd
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stopped at the winery after going to Hearst Castle. The wines a good. The parties that the winery put on all sound like fun. We live in Ohio, I am good with getting the wine. If you are near the winery that time to visit.

1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited because of some buy one get one free vouchers. It was easy to find and the staff was very nice. However, the location is right next to a restaurant that is always packed hence to get in is a bit of a challenge. Once inside, the tasting area is also small so you have to manage to squeeze in and wait for seating to open up. Overall, a fun experience if you don't mind the crowds.

2  Thank JaniBani06
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We love traveling to wine country, primarily the Paso Robles area, but this time we were staying in Cambria, and decided to head up the road. We stopped at Hearst Ranch Winery, after I had done my homework online to check out their wines. It's located in the Sebastian General Store in San Simeon, so it has a very rustic feel about it. The wines were so good, and we enjoyed it so much, we decided to join their Wine Club! The lady there who did the pouring, I think her name was Geraldine, was delightful and very knowledgeable. We bought 6 bottles of wine, and can't wait for future Wine Club deliveries!