“Didn't know such places existed in the US”
Review of Hearst Castle

and up
Santa Barbara, Solvang and Hearst Castle Day Trip from Los Angeles
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in San Simeon
More attraction details
Owner description: It took 28 years to complete William Randolph Hearst's lavish estate, which includes 165 rooms on 125 acres.
Poulsbo, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Didn't know such places existed in the US”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had no intentions to stop at Hearst Castle. I had heard others recommend it. I was driving by on the Pacific Coast Highway and decided to stop. You can't drive up to the castle. You must pay for a tour to take the bus up.
I fell in love. I had no idea such places existed in the United States. I could have spent two days there. I wish it was closer so I could take more tours.

Visited September 2013

Portstewart N. Irela
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Past sell by date”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our guide has been in the job for 29 years and he was a former teacher and musician in earlier life, or so he told us. I would hate to have him teach my children. This guy was untidy in dress, unsure of his facts and it was apparent that he was trying to eke out the 40 minutes. The tour lasted 20 minutes and then he disappeared to look for someone's hat.

The movie in the Hearst Centre helped redeem a very disappointing afternoon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Thomas M
Killeen, Texas
“first time”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Only plan for one tour a day for the Heart Cascle. Buy the 2 movies and watch at home. For Tobacco & Spirits with the "Best Hamburger I ever had in my life outside my home" at the The Hearst Ranch Winery....OMG, Deliciousa, Excellante, Magnifico and the Coldest Beer I was ever served in my life. I would fly here just for a burger and that beer again for sure!!!!!!! this place is located down the hill from the cascle across the road and well google it, lol. I rate it a 10 , 5 stars, a must go to if you love burgers, wine and beer and very relaxing. Dogs allowed on leash away from food and eating area, building.

Visited November 2013
Beerot Yitshaq, HaMerkaz, Israel
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great landmark”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I did the Grand Rooms Tour on our first visit to the estate. The tour was 45 minutes and afterwards, you can roam around the grounds for as long as you want.

Also, definitely watch the movie at the visitors center (included in the price of a tour).

Visited October 2013
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very nice castle”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We haven't been here in a very long time so it was nice to come back and revisit. We went in the designing the dream tour after watching the movie which was a good way to start our tour. We will surely come back to go on the other tours.