Lowest prices for your stay
$65
Free cancellation until 10/28/21
Hotels.com$65
Priceline$65
ZenHotels.com$70
All reviews ocean view hearst castle second floor refrigerator and microwave bed was comfortable long drive elephant seals road trip short stay great room coffee maker hear the waves big sur coast miles
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a king room on the second floor. We had a partial ocean view due to the townhomes between the motel and the ocean.
Check in was quick and smooth. There is an outdoor pool, but it was chilly outside, and we didn't use it.
The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was comfortable-- fluffy pillows also. There was a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker in the room. The vanity was in the bathroom.
I would definitely stay here again. Very reasonable price for the area and time of year. Staff was friendly, too.
The walls were thin, and we could faintly hear the person in the next room snoring, but not loud enough that it would keep us awake.
Sam Simeon is a tiny town, but they're were quite a few restaurant choices.
(We ate at the Sunset Grill across the highway, and the California burger was fantastic!)
The motels close to Moonstone Beach, the elephant seal watching beach, and Hearst Castle.(Don't miss any of them.)
We drove into Cambria for dinner at
The barbecue chicken was delicious, as was the southwest salad. It was a lot of food for a great price.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank kntheboys
Reviewed June 10, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by the Sea Breeze Inn. The check in staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was large, very clean, with fairly new carpet and bad. There was no air conditioning in the room, and that was an issue as it was unusually hot during my stay, but the front desk staff helped organize a fan for me which made all the difference in the world.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I booked my stay for the wrong night by accident. When I showed up the day before, the hotel did not have two queen beds available. I paid for a king only room, then the owner refused to let us stay in it because we had 2 adults and 4 children.

I asked for the money back which they refunded but they would not refund the accidental reservation for the next night.

The pool was broken and they no longer serve breakfast (both reasons I selected this hotel)

We ended up paying for a room we never used. The service was terrible. The receptionist keeps her toddler locked in a room while she helps you.

We ended up at the silver surf hotel and very much enjoyed our experience there.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jodi376
Reviewed April 24, 2019

We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and newly remodeled. It’s a smaller motel style hotel and they have a discount arrangement with a restaurant right across PCH. The ocean view room is obstructed but you can see the water over the rooftops of the buildings behind them.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

I probably wouldn’t stay in San Simeon again unless it was really necessary, there’s not much there aside from being near the big sur. However, as far as this motel goes, the room was spacious, clean and tidy. No complaints to be had.

Trip type: Traveled solo