“Happy place, happy staff”
Review of Sea Breeze Inn

Sea Breeze Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed at the Sea Breeze on my way up the coast from LA to SF. San Simeon is a major tourist destination with many motels and hotels in the vicinity. Sea Breeze is on the "right" side of the road, just a short walk to the beach...and most rooms offer a full or partial ocean view. The family who owns the motel keeps the place top notch (witnessed renovations in real time during my short stay) and are very friendly. While it can get a bit noisy if you're in a lower unit with someone above (suggest an upper if you can get one), it's all palatable if mostly sleeping, and you probably can't beat the budget-friendly price. Cambria is a short drive as well as Hearst Castle and Elephant Seal vista. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed April 19, 2010

Can't be more happy with this simple hotel! Perfect location, amaizing ocean view from the window! Room has everything one might need (unless you expect very fancy stuff)! Room was very clean. Breakfast exactly what you expect from a continental breakfast, happy to have breakfast. This place is perfect if you want to experience the beautiful nature arround you! It's small, cozy town but very close to Cambria if you want a bit more action, and a bit more of the fancy stuff. We enjoyed the fact that it's away from people and you avoid feeling like a tourist. We stayed two nights but wished we could stay at least couple of more! Highly recommended hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Spur of the moment we decided to stop at Hearst Castle on a road trip. We drove through San Simeon looking for a hotel. We stopped at the Sea Breeze and asked to look at one of the rooms before making the decision to stay there. The room room was very clean, had new comfy furniture and even an ocean view. Our stay was very pleasant. The room was large and very well appointed for a hotel in this price range. The staff was very friendly. My only suggestion is to get an upstairs room. Our room was downstairs and we could hear people walking around upstairs. Not a big problem, but an upper room probably would have been better. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel as a great value!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is a clean and well maintained motel easily accessible from the highway and close to several good restaurants. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating (they gave our friend a room at the last minute for the same internet deal I had booked). The grounds are well maintained including the pool which was pristine clean. I have never seen such a clean parking lot! The room was very clean with furniture that looked new. The bed was comfortable and there were many puffy pillows. The bathroom is small but hot water was plentiful. I felt this motel was a bargain at $60 a night!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We decided to stay in San Simeon as we were visiting the Ranch which was reallt worth the visit, the motel was clean but very out dated with the decor, the pool was clean.
The receptionist was on the rude side but apart from that it was cheap and chearful. There is little going on around, we found a Mexican restaurant that was good for a later drink and we ate in the Manta Rey restaurant over the road, the food was good and the service also good, little atmosphere as there was NO ONE around day or night but we did go out of season, would recommend as long as you know it's cheap and very out of date!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was coordinating our little family outing for the new year and was looking for a cheap and family type place to stay. At first we were like 5 families and booked 2 one queen beds and 3 two queen beds in this hotel after reading others reviews and looking at the photos. But later few more families joined...one after the other. So I had to make more reservations. As I made more reservations, the price was going up. But atleast we got the rooms so that we can stay together in that hotel. Anyway, it was a 4 hour drive for us from bay area so I went ahead of others just to make sure, and I called them that I will be coming down in couple of hours and asked the fromt desk lady to accomodate us side by side. When I went there, she was nice enough to allocate us side by side, as much as she can (I hope)... and to make that possible, she upgraded few rooms... giving us all 'two queen bed' rooms. I thought it was nice and went to check every room. One of the rooms was smelling very bad and I informed them, they gave us a different room, upstairs with a very nice ocean view.

We dint expected breakfast, so we took some cereals, doughnuts, croissants and milk. But when we saw the breakfast, we thought we will have theirs. But that wasn't good and we couldn't eat ours too, as it was a large crowd. Anyway, we stayed there for 2 nights, a total of 31 people in 8 rooms and overall I felt satisfied with the price I paid and especially the location.

Although there are few things I dint really liked about, but none of them are major. One thing I want to point out is, after everybody settled down, for privacy purposes, we needed an extra room... so checked with them thinking they will give a nice discount, but sadly they were quoting the same price. I am not greedy, but just saying that, they can be a little considerable when I booked 8 rooms out of 20 they have.

It is pretty near to Cambria which has almost everything for its little town, including a very nice church for our sunday service.

Overall, it was a nice experience and I praise God for His providence.

Cheers,
Balu.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank justbalu
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband & I book this place on our way from San Francisco to LA. At first, we weren't expecting much from this place especially at the price that we were paying. When we reached there, it had blown our expectations. We stayed in King br with ocean views and it was really clean and cosy (exactly what we needed after a long drive). The bed was really comfortable with clean sheets and we had a really good night sleep. This place comes with free breakfast but do not expect too much from it. It was really basic with coffee & tea with muffins and toast. Overall, we are very happy with it and would highly recommended it if you just need a one night stay in a cheap, clean & cosy place.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
#5 of 12 in Cambria
Quality Inn San Simeon
Quality Inn San Simeon
#9 of 10 in San Simeon

Been to Sea Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!