“Clean, Cozy and the Right Price”
Review of Sea Breeze Inn

Sea Breeze Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Henderson, Nevada
“Clean, Cozy and the Right Price”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is a clean and well maintained motel easily accessible from the highway and close to several good restaurants. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating (they gave our friend a room at the last minute for the same internet deal I had booked). The grounds are well maintained including the pool which was pristine clean. I have never seen such a clean parking lot! The room was very clean with furniture that looked new. The bed was comfortable and there were many puffy pillows. The bathroom is small but hot water was plentiful. I felt this motel was a bargain at $60 a night!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
England
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We decided to stay in San Simeon as we were visiting the Ranch which was reallt worth the visit, the motel was clean but very out dated with the decor, the pool was clean.
The receptionist was on the rude side but apart from that it was cheap and chearful. There is little going on around, we found a Mexican restaurant that was good for a later drink and we ate in the Manta Rey restaurant over the road, the food was good and the service also good, little atmosphere as there was NO ONE around day or night but we did go out of season, would recommend as long as you know it's cheap and very out of date!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Fremont, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was coordinating our little family outing for the new year and was looking for a cheap and family type place to stay. At first we were like 5 families and booked 2 one queen beds and 3 two queen beds in this hotel after reading others reviews and looking at the photos. But later few more families joined...one after the other. So I had to make more reservations. As I made more reservations, the price was going up. But atleast we got the rooms so that we can stay together in that hotel. Anyway, it was a 4 hour drive for us from bay area so I went ahead of others just to make sure, and I called them that I will be coming down in couple of hours and asked the fromt desk lady to accomodate us side by side. When I went there, she was nice enough to allocate us side by side, as much as she can (I hope)... and to make that possible, she upgraded few rooms... giving us all 'two queen bed' rooms. I thought it was nice and went to check every room. One of the rooms was smelling very bad and I informed them, they gave us a different room, upstairs with a very nice ocean view.

We dint expected breakfast, so we took some cereals, doughnuts, croissants and milk. But when we saw the breakfast, we thought we will have theirs. But that wasn't good and we couldn't eat ours too, as it was a large crowd. Anyway, we stayed there for 2 nights, a total of 31 people in 8 rooms and overall I felt satisfied with the price I paid and especially the location.

Although there are few things I dint really liked about, but none of them are major. One thing I want to point out is, after everybody settled down, for privacy purposes, we needed an extra room... so checked with them thinking they will give a nice discount, but sadly they were quoting the same price. I am not greedy, but just saying that, they can be a little considerable when I booked 8 rooms out of 20 they have.

It is pretty near to Cambria which has almost everything for its little town, including a very nice church for our sunday service.

Overall, it was a nice experience and I praise God for His providence.

Cheers,
Balu.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank justbalu
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband & I book this place on our way from San Francisco to LA. At first, we weren't expecting much from this place especially at the price that we were paying. When we reached there, it had blown our expectations. We stayed in King br with ocean views and it was really clean and cosy (exactly what we needed after a long drive). The bed was really comfortable with clean sheets and we had a really good night sleep. This place comes with free breakfast but do not expect too much from it. It was really basic with coffee & tea with muffins and toast. Overall, we are very happy with it and would highly recommended it if you just need a one night stay in a cheap, clean & cosy place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This was the first place we came to and didn't bother to check the other places. We stayed two nights here and chose San Simeon as we would visit that big house. The shower curtain was dirty but they cleaned it. The breakfast was a joke if you can rate it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We're a late 60's couple that have never been infected by bed bugs until we checked into the Seabreeze Inn located in San Simeon, Ca. Came home, checked into an urgent care at our Kaiser facility. We are currently on four medications to take care of this horrendous problem.

Also the bathroom's shower drain was clogged, and my husband had to unclog it. The bedside electrical lamp did not work. The only way to activiate the lamp was that you get a protective cloth to adjust the hot bulb until you see light.

Run away from this motel as fast as possible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these San Simeon hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 22, 2009

The Sea Breeze Inn is a decent and reasonably priced motel in San Simeon. I had stayed here in 1965 when it was called the Jade Motel and I purposely booked a 2nd floor room to see if the ocean view had changed much. It hasn't - there is still vacant land behind the motel and you get a view of the ocean. But it's better to walk 2 blocks down the street to see the surf up close.

The rooms are remodeled and although not large they are big enough. The bed was good and I couldn't hear much through the walls. The breakfast was OK, nothing special, but there are many family restaurants nearby if you want something better.

The free wi-fi worked great and was fast!

This is a good place for a one night's stay while visiting Hearst Castle.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach
Days Inn San Simeon
Days Inn San Simeon
#6 of 10 in San Simeon

Been to Sea Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!