Lowest prices for your stay
$65
Free cancellation until 10/28/21
Expedia.com$65
Priceline
FindHotel$58
All reviews ocean view hearst castle second floor refrigerator and microwave bed was comfortable long drive elephant seals road trip short stay great room coffee maker hear the waves big sur coast miles
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

This motel shows its age in places, but the room was very çlean and spacious, and had a view of the ocean. The breakfast was satisfactory and the staff were pleasant and helpful. The price was reasonable for the position.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank glen577
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Check in and location was good. Friendly staff and clean rooms however we couldn't have a shower due to some issues. Would have been good to know at check in rather than being surprised by it the next morning (they did know it was an issue when we were checking in) but they did give us a small refund for the inconvenience. Would def come back again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank angeiiM
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We just stay one night. The room was great and bathroom was really nice. All the room was clean, included the sheets. The bed was great too and the hotel was quiet at night.
Look better inside than outside.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 88m_laniep
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Located on Main Street in San Simeon , we can here other guests talking on the floor , and they are washing next door. Breakfast is cooks and coffee, that's all for motel .it's acceptable.free for parking , window torwards the sea .

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2016

My wife and I planned a motorcycle trip up the coast, and Hearst Castle was one of our stops. I made reservations at the Sea Breeze hotel for 2 nights. The day we were leaving home I received a call from Hearst Castle stating that due to the California fires the castle would be closed for at least a week, and maybe more. When I tried to cancel my reservations at the Sea Breeze they told me they would still charge me $50 per day for cancellation. I explained that due to the fires we couldn't get there. They didn't care and charged me anyway. As far as I'm concerned they're a bunch of crooks, and I will never stay there. I suggest anyone reading this comment select somewhere else to stay. Some place where they have some integrity.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else. This hotel doesn't care that I couldn't get through due to the fires. They charged me anyway.
Date of stay: August 2016