“Relaxing stay”
Review of San Ramon Marriott

San Ramon Marriott
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stay in this hotel for business travel once in a while when another Marriott property closer to my client is not available. It's great for business stay. The staff is friendly and professional. The lobby was remodeled and looks very nice. The rooms are clean, well kept and comfortable. This is your basic Marriott business hotel. In the evening you can pretty such see the business travelers huddle in groups at the watering hole (bar). So it gets a little busy and noisy in bar and dining area in the evening.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff here is AMAZING!! We had some minor issues and they were all over reconciling them. We had to call a few times at 11pm to get sheets for the sofa bed. It took them 45mins to get to us, BUT by the next morning at 7am, there was a typed apology letter apologizing for that specific issue(so I know it wasn't generic) and complimentary buffet tickets. TOTALLY proactive. When we didn't get a chance to use the buffet tickets, Customer Service all me after I got home and credited the amount to my account. I never even asked for that! I'd stay just for that reason.
We stayed in a Jr Suite. Nothing fancy, just more square footage. It was clean and housekeeping was VERY nice.
I'd definitely recommend this place if Customer Service is a main priority!

Room Tip: We had no problems with noise of any kind and we were not only on a corner, we were the first door b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I travel here regularly for client visits. This is your standard Marriott. It's clean, its nice and I use it because it is close to the client site.

I really like the seating area in the back where we can enjoy a nice scotch and cigar at the end of the day. Make the wait staff your best friends and you will be well taken care of at this hotel.

- Peace, Chad

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with a balcony. They usually have great views of the majestic pines there.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I attended a board game convention, DunDraCon, at this hotel over the President's Day weekend. I have gone to lots of conventions over my lifetime, and most of the time the staff tries to stay out of the way, and if you need them they're polite but really sick of people. SO not the case at the San Ramon Marriott. I never opened a door for myself when entering the building- there was always a staff member a few steps ahead of me ready to open the door. There were stations with large water jugs and cups throughout the ballroom areas, and they were ALWAYS full and the water was always nice and cold.

I had lunch in the hotel restaurant on Sunday. They were running some specials for the convention, and also had a really yummy looking full menu. My two friends and I each had an entree, and split a dessert. Our server, Andrea, went above and beyond. She made sure our drinks were always full, made sure we had condiments, and asked several times if we had everything we needed. All with a smile, and some kind words about how she always found the attendees of this convention to be extra nice. She asked questions about the convention and was very enthusiastic. If you stay here, I hope you encounter her, because she is fantastic. I also had the breakfast buffet two days, and everything was yummy. The omelette station had lots of options, the bacon was always full, and most importantly, my coffee cup was never empty.

They also had a cash-only area set up where convention attendees could grab a quick bite or a drink that seemed very well priced and good-quality. When I ducked out of a game around 9pm to grab a quick coffee-and-a-cookie pick-me-up (only $3 total!), the staffer made a point to tell me to keep my cup and I could get a free refill before midnight. Like I said before, I've been to a lot of cons and stayed in a lot of hotels, and that was a first!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judy P
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Had an awesome stay on this gorgeous hotel. Great customer focus, clean and fresh decor.

Bar was friendly and clean, although a little slow. Close to where I needed to be, great location near good food and shopping. Thanks for a splendid stay!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott in San Ramon on business. While I was there, the hotel experienced a total teenage invasion, as they were hosting some big high school competition.

The minute I saw the crowds and smelled the Axe body spray, I really started to cringe. At check in, the gentleman working reception was very thoughtful to let me know that there was group in house and to let him know if I needed anything during the stay.

Despite the noise in the hallways, the room was very well insulated from the groups excitement. They didn't bother me at all. The beds were just heavenly, though I think that brand name belongs to the Starwood Chain. The rooms were very clean, large, and spacious.

Breakfast was great and the location was perfect for anyone in the San Ramon area on business.

I will definitely return and stay at this hotel again. Well done, Marriott. Well done.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is in a great location within the Bishop Ranch area. It's wooded and does not seem at all to be in the hustle / bustle of the surrounding areas. The staff is all very friendly and welcoming from the minute to check in, the parking attendants, the front desk staff, etc.
Our room faced a wooden area with a great view and was at the end of a very long hall with we had minimal noise from other hotel guests.
The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom amenities and facilities were good as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the property and our staff. It is great to hear our guests describe their stay providing valuable feedback. The San Ramon Marriott truly looks forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!