“Great Conference Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Omaha
“Great Conference Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for four nights for a conference. The lobby is warm and inviting, the room had a king bed and was well appointed with a rolling desk chair and a comfortable chair as well. We ate in the restaraunt twice and service was efficeint, friendly and quick. Banquet service and food were also great. The front desk people were most helpful and everyone, maids, front desk, waitresses welcomed you. The room was very quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer such positive feedback. I am delighted that your experience at the San Ramon Marriott was so good.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Indonesian first
Haleiwa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Everything you have come to expect from a full service Marriott like concierge floor amenities, complimentary faxes and business center, yet PET FRIENDLY!!!
Also with exceptional weekend rates since it is a business hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge floor on a weekend because they probably will give it to you since it is a bus...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed there two days for a Rose Convention and everything was excellent. The front desk was very helpfull. The room was clean and very confortable. It was quiet and we slept well. My only disappointment was having to pay for internet connection in our room. But this seems to be the rule with higher quality hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. The team at the hotel really enjoyed hosting your group.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel has been remodeled and is fantastic. Staff is super friendly, always opening doors for me, asking if I needed anything. Nice quiet facility. Even a huge wedding at the hotel did not detract from the quality and what they had to offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive comments. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

As part of a company relocation, I arrived with my family at the hotel after a 7 hour flight and a taxi ride from SFO at about 10:30PM. I had specifically booked a room with 2 queen beds. The Desk clerk looked at us, and said..so you are confirmed for a king size bed. I said the four of us were not looking for a king size bed. We had booked two queens. He says, sorry..sometimes the website makes it seem you have a queen bed, when you do not. Unfortunately I did not have a car or I would have gone to a hilton. I asked the person at the front desk what my options were. He said, we can give you an air mattress to sleep on. I told him .. I was not at his hotel to sleep on an air mattress. After saying that I had booked a double room and wanted one, then they gave me an additional room at half price. I took it for the time being because I needed to move forward. However, I feel it is very strange for a hotel to say we may or may not give you a double bed on arrival when my reservation was for a double bed room.

I've traveled for many years and stayed at many many hotels. Mostly a hilton fan. I have never encountered this issue. I regret my brief foray into the world of Marriott. Back to Hilton for good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SRbusinessman
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. It can be very frustrating to not have your desired room type upon arrival. Unfortunately on the weekend that you stayed with us we had a number of families in the hotel for a soccer tournament, which required all rooms with two beds. Generally the bed type noted in a reservation is only a request once the inventory for that type of room is fully committed. We try to meet each and every guest’s request but in your case we were unable to do so. Again, I apologize and regret that your stay was not satisfactory.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here recently for a wedding and it met our needs. The rooms were pretty good, but double beds are just too small. They also didn't have our room ready when we arrived so they gave us a room that had just been carpet cleaned (read: wet carpets). Other than that, though, the bar was good, as was the service staff. Did the trick and reasonably priced for what we wanted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to comment about the hotel. We have an aggressive cleaning and maintenance program at hotel that includes carpet cleaning. The carpets should be completely dry before checking any guest into the room. I apologize that this was not the case for you. Hopefully you will consider staying with us again when you are in the area in the future.
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We just stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights for a wedding. They got a pretty good deal for their guests and we were happy with our stay. Nice and clean hotel, and good space in the rooms. We also had a view to the pool - very nice! The pool-area was nice, but they had few sunbeds. Very strange that they had so many charis, but only about 12 sunbeds. Most people I know would like a sunbed while being by the pool. The free wifi in the lobby that worked well. We were hoping for free wi-fi also in the rooms but they didn't have it - most US hotels we've stayed at has this. Breakfast was good. 20 dollars for the buffet. We had a very nice server both days we had breakfast there. And also about 12 dollars pr day for self-park. So even though we got a nice price for the room, we had to pay a little too much for the other stuff for me to give this hotel any better rating. Loved the express check-out! A great Whole Food and Target next to the hotel! So you could probably get a much cheaper meal there if you wanted to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the feedback and will look into increasing the number of lounge chairs around the pool.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
4.0 of 5 stars 86 reviews
Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
BEST WESTERN Danville Sycamore Inn
Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!