“Not sure if I'd stay again”
Review of San Ramon Marriott

San Ramon Marriott
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Sonoma, CA
“Not sure if I'd stay again”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed just one night. My only complaint is that that A/C didn't cool the room well enough. I wasn't even able to set it lower than 70 degrees and the blower just kept going...all night. However that is my only complaint. Bed was confortable and bathroom was large and nicely appointed. Had cocktails downstairs and had terrific service. Sort of an odd location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lovingsonoma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My company has an arrangement to stay at Marriott chain hotels so we have special prices, etc. However this hotel does not meet my expectations of a Marriott Hotel. It is a bit tired, the decor and carpets are several years old and the food relatively expensive but not that great. It is OK as a hotel for a business trip for one or two nights but I would not stay here for a non-business trip stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for the comments. The team at the hotel takes all guest feedback very seriously. I am genuinely sorry that the property did not meet you expectations. The comments regarding the condition of the hotel are most concerning since all guest rooms were completely rennovated in 2009. The rooms have a contemporary design featuring natural colors and the latest in technology including 37" flat panel TV's. In terms of your comments about the food, I would like to inform you that we are introducing new menus in both our restaurant and room service early next week. Hopefully, you will again try the hotel on your next visit to the area.
Nipomo
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I felt the hotel was just fine. The concierge level is nice with some outdoor seating, which is a nice touch. Check in was smooth, quick and handled very well. The grounds are nice and kept up. Really dont have anything to complain about except for maybe the TV reception being analog instead of digital. Other than that this hotel is really nice and I would stay here again no problem.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from freeway
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Don't usually write reviews and I stay at Marriott's about 45 nights a year and have never felt compelled to write a bad review. Hotel overall needs to updated. Front desk personnel are awful. Literally the worst I have seen. No wifi and charging for self park in that type of hotel is a little much. Much better Marriott 10 minutes away is the Pleasanton Marriott.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Bailey3305
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
In responce to your comments, I would like to apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We do everything we can to please each and every guest. The hotel prides itself on having some of the higest overall satisfaction scores in the company. As far as the comments about wireless internet, the hotel is in the midst of upgrading the guestroom technology so that we will have wireless internet access in all guest rooms in the very near future.
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I just recently stayed a few days in this Marriott Property as part of a business trip. I traveled with my spouse.
As a Gold member I got free self parking, internet and an awesome concierge level service!
The hotel is very comfortable and despite beeing right next to an interstate, the highway noise rarely bothers you.
The surroundings are very nice pine trees everywhere make the place feel like your away from it all.
Exercise room is OK, almost always full early in the morning, but ok. The only con is that don't have a concierge (and given the near wine country, they should have).
But all in all we enjoyed our stay and the staff service is 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I'm a Silver Elite with Marriott and I'm writing this on what will be my last stay at this hotel. The carpet cleaning machines are blaring at 9:30 at night after a "large group just left an hour ago". The televisions show only blurry analog channels and there is no wireless in the rooms--they seem somehow "proud" that they have it in the lobby. I did happen to find a 14 inch internet cable that would not allow me to put my laptop on the desk because it was too short. The blue 3 footer they took half an hour to find and bring to the room is working as I type this. Walls of the elevator lobbies are scuffed, stained, dented. This place would cause JW to roll over. Corners cut just about everywhere and frankly I've had enough.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bartel55
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
I would first like to respond by apologizing for the challenges during this visit. In researching the problems in more detail I would like to offer the following. The reason for the carpet drying machine in the hallway was do to a spill earlier in the day. We avoid running this equipment into the evening if at all possible. In this case the carpet needed to be dried to avoid further damage. We certainly never want to distur our guests and would have galdly moved this guest to another floor had we been maade awaare of the concern. As far as the television reception, the guest will be happy to know that we now have 37" LCD televisions with a strong digital signal and a terrific picture. Also, the hotel is in the iniitial phase of upgrading to an all wireless internet solution. This projected should be completed this Spring. As far as the condition of the elevator lobby, the hotel is on an on-going maintanence program. We reagularily paint and touch-up high traffic areas. The visit was immediately following a very busy weekend group that was particularily hard on the facility. By no means is this the norm. The hotel is scored on the the building being maintained on a weekly basis and is in the top 85% of Marriott hotels.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here for a wedding and got a great group rate. The property is conveniently near The Bridges Golf Course, where the event was held. Room was clean and modern. Only one complaint: no wi-fi!

• Stayed October 2010
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!