Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
San Ramon Marriott(San Ramon)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pleasanton Marriott(Pleasanton)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingbed comfortworked perfectlynice staynice servicelight mealconvenient locationquiet areastaff was very friendly and helpfulvisiting familyvery nice hotelbit datedparking lotrooms are spaciouswould stay here againdesk clerkbreakfast sandwich
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I just spent 2 weeks at this hotel and the staff and accommodations could not have been better. The manager went out of his way to accommodate some special needs we had. The staff was always friendly, courteous and helpful. We will definitely be back! The price was far better than comparable hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
sanramon1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello:

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff and accommodations here at the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon. We appreciate that you took time out to share your comments. I will be sure to share them with all of the staff here, as positive feedback validates the hard work that they put into their jobs everyday! Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

78 hotel nights and counting Marriott's Hyatt's Hilton's and Sheraton;s .. Marriott is my favorite chain. First stay in San Ramon.....Stay was very brief..... Staff extremely friendly and welcoming.. Room was flawless, hotel and grounds very clean. Many food choices nearby....

( I hate checking into a hotel and the only choice is a store with overpriced sandwiches made at the turn of the century)

Near the very large Stoneridge Mall

Didn't use the net ( lights on, lights off) However, I found the bed very uncomfortable-it could very well been me... But it seemed hard.... Will return in five weeks so we will see.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Hello:

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding out hotel and staff. I appreciate you taking time out to share your comments. We did just replace our mattresses in February of 2012. Please let me know upon your next visit if we can add additional padding to your bedding package. We certainly want you to have a pleasant sleeping experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My experience here was not the best, but the accommodations are clean and decent. Located in a nice part of town. The staff and manager were very helpful. Meals are available at scheduled times, but not much selection. Convenient computers and printer in lobby. Contemporary streamline furnishings, but NOT upscale. Pretty basic.

Real Negatives: The freeway side of the hotel has traffic noise. Cheap, thread-bare towels. Low thread count bed linens. No luggage rack in room. Very small bathroom accommodations with very small counter room for toiletries. Seemed like a lower-end Marriott in an upscale neighborhood. Disappointed

Room Tip: Reserve non-freeway side if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello:

I wanted to thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you felt that our hotel location was less than desirable. We are close to the freeway, which can be a good thing as well. It can be a good thing as we are centrally located and it is very easy to get anywhere in the Tri Valley. However, although we have double pained windows, being close to the freeway, one may hear an occasional truck drive by. I am pleased, however, that you felt that our service was what you have come to expect from Marriott. If you visit this area again, we would be happy to try to accommodate you on the San Ramon Valley side of our building. Again, thank you for your comments, as we will be sure to share them with our entire team here at the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Marriott is always consistently great quality, setting, decor and service. Nice, quiet hotel. Gym is nice. Restaurant downstairs is nice (breakfast a bit pricey) and need to offer a coffee/bagel option for $5.00 or less option for light eaters. Otherwise, comfortable and great for business or pleasure. I travel for business and have to be picky. This one keeps me happy.

Room Tip: Great service, consistently good quality.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
sanramon1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out to write a response in regards to our Courtyard by Marriott in San Ramon. We truly appreciate the recognition for our hard work and dedication to our hotel and our guests. Our associates truly do take pride in their jobs and our guests, so it is nice to be able to share positive comments with them.

We hope that you continue to visit us at the Courtyard when you are in the San Ramon area!

Again, thank you for taking time out to share your comments.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The basics are all good: safe neighborhood, clean, good bed, and hot shower.

However, the details did not wow me. My first night, I had only one washcloth that I had to re-use in the morning, one bar of soap to share between the sink and tub, and my 6:30 wake up call did not ring. (All those things were fixed my second night.) Marriott seems to work much harder on cost cutting than enhancing the guest's experience. It lacks conveniences like a luggage rack and a magnifying mirror, so finding a place for your suitcase and good lighting to put on makeup or shave requires some guest ingenuity. Everything is acceptable, but nothing is exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello:

I am writing to you in response to your posted comments regarding the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon. I do appreciate you taking the time out to let us know about your recent visit to our hotel. We do apologize that the appropriate amenities were not in your room upon your arrival. I have shared your comments with our entire team. Your comments truly make a difference.

We try very hard to provide excellent customer service, and in your case, it appears that we fell short of that. Again, we do apologize for that. We all really do take great pride in our newly renovated hotel and Bistro restaurant, and we would love to see you back here again.

Thank you again, and we hope that you give us another opportunity to WOW you with our services.