“Beautiful Suburban Setting w/ Wonderful Staff”

Residence Inn San Ramon
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I've stayed here twice in the last two months. Suites were clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Cleanliness is very important to me and these accommodations met my high expectations. Guests were a mix of nice families, couples, singles and professionals. The daily hot breakfast buffet was scrumptious. Stopped by the dining room Wednesday night for the manager's social that included free BBQ burgers and chicken breasts w/ condiments and beverages. Very tasty. The suites are located right next door to an upscale marketplace with a supermarket, restaurants, shops, etc. Just up the road is a Whole Foods and Target in a secluded shopping plaza. Easy access to the 680 Freeway. I LUV the Residence Inn San Ramon!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Great location, great staff and the room are new. They said they've just renovated in 2009. I will go back again whenever I visit my family in San Ramon. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

The studio room was very roomy and very nice. There's a very nice and clean full kitchen in the room. My teenage son had to sleep on the sofabed. After we set up the sofabed, a spider was on the bed and then we found another spider on the window curtain. These spiders must've been hanging around inside the sofa. Housekeeping needs to vacuum in the sofabed area to keep the area clean. The exterior of the building needs some cleaning up and steam cleaning too, but other than that, we enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast buffet was a great plus.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2007

We reserved a "King sized bed" at the San Ramon Residence Inn Marriott and upon check-in the (2) women at the front desk (manager was not on-site after hours) INSISTED without even checking themselves that there was a King bed in our room. My husband and I measured it at 60" (a standard Queen per wikipedia). "Well, that's what they tell us it is!" she quipped when I said, "That's not a King bed." She followed up with, "Well, that's what the sheets say!" These women were argumentative and insisted that we were wrong (and thus crazy or making it up) about the size of the bed in our room and that there was nothing they could do about it.

Only when we came back a third time did they offer to call around the area to find a comparable room with a King bed but followed up with "How are you going to know if it's really a 'King bed' until you get there?!" When we came back the only place they told us they could find another room at was (coincidentally) the Courtyard by Marriott across the freeway but couldn't guarantee that they would have a King bed.

At that point we said we were no longer interested in staying. As we were walking out, the second woman offered to leave a message with the manager about comping our room price in the morning. We were skeptical but agreed as it was now 11pm and we had a 4-year old in tow.

In the morning, my husband talked to the manager and he was extremely apologetic and comped our room without hesitation. He also explained that our booking requests and advertising for this hotel were national and they do not have King beds at this location. He said the San Ramon Residence Inn was in-line for an upgrade from Marriott to get further renovations including King sized beds along with other upgrades. Too bad those upgrades didn't involve hiring a more civil and less condescending staff. We thanked him for his honesty and told him we'd consider returning *after* they received the upgrade.

The rest of the stay was overshadowed by this experience but we found the place to be generally clean, safe and well kept. The breakfast did a good job of giving us a solid start for the day. The mall across the street has tasty restaurants and coffee as well.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank lcolumbia
Reviewed September 7, 2007

The location was great and near anything we needed. It's a nice area with shops nearby and my mom even went to the library across the street. It was about 7 miles to the BART station so we drove to the BART station and took the BART into San Francisco two days out of our five night stay. It was about a 45 minute ride.

The room was very clean and the staff did a great job of cleaning each day including my dishes when I forgot to the put them away. The only downside was the the cleaning staff came late around 4 or 5 in the evenings but it wasn't a problem most days since we were gone until late or we went to the pool for while until it was done. We had to ask for towels every time we went to the pool as they were always out but that seems standard at most busy hotels we've stayed at.

The breakfast was great and everyone found something they liked. They had pancakes, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, bages, muffins etc.

They had activities some of the days and the day we arrived they had a barbeque.

There was free high speed internet in the lobby and a printer so I could print out my boarding passes. The rooms also had internet access though I didn't use it.

The front desk staff were always responsive, friendly and helpful. Overall, I wish all my hotels stays were like this and I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank travelintime4us
Reviewed October 27, 2006

Stayed at the Residence for two months this summer. It is located adjacent to Bishop's Ranch the business complex in San Ramon. The rooms are usual Residence Standard with cooking facilities, if you get tired of eating out. There is a strip mall across the street which includes restaurants that serve Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Italian and regular American food. There is also a brew pub and a great ice cream store. There is a Nob Hill grocery store close by and a Whole Foods Market in another mall about half a mile away. The staff at the Residence are great...very friendly and eager to help. Courtesy bus available for short trips close to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank encal
Reviewed August 31, 2005

I travel on business and have found this to be an excellent Residence Inn for several reasons. First, the location is far off the freeway and is relatively quiet. Second, there is a great up-scale Nob Hill Market nearby - within walking distance - which means anything you need or have forgotten is easily purchased. Third, there are several restaurants in the adjacent Market Square Village and also - fourth - a drug store, coffee shops and a place where you can buy athletic apparel. Fifth, there's a nice city park across the street with basketball courts if you want to exercise and with trails to run. Sixth, there is also a Target Grand and a Borders within easy driving distance and close to the San Ramon Marriott. Seventh, the food provided at the manager's reception is above average; if you can manage to stay on a Thursday night the barbecue is quite good. Eight, the hotel is located next to a Valero gas station so you won't get stranded or feel panicked. Finally, the hotel is only minutes away (10 or 15) from the BART rapid transit station in Pleasanton. If you need to get to San Francisco the next morning, you can get a reasonably priced room here and ride BART for less than $5.00 each way. You'll be able to park free at the BART station if you get there before 7:00 a.m. The only recommendation I have is to request a room on the south or east side of the hotel. I don't think you want to be on the Bollinger Canyon Road side, as it will be noisy from the local multi-lane traffic.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
#3 of 6 in Dublin
Residence Inn Pleasanton
Residence Inn Pleasanton
#6 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Residence Inn San Ramon? Share your experiences!