“Truly a locals favorite my favorites are the veal as well as the prime rib!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Brass Door

Brass Door
Reserve with OpenTable
Brass Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 155 Restaurants in San Ramon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Truly a locals favorite my favorites are the veal as well as the prime rib!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Old and established many locals enjoy the food and sports here. The food is simply great, even the bread that you snack on just watch out might not have room for the entree go on now enjoy great food and service.

• Visited August 2013

Livermore, California
“ANOTHER GREAT MEAL AT BRASS DOOR...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I started coming here in 1966 when I moved to Pleasanton and bought my first home. Brass Door had given all new homeowners a coupon to come and visit so we did. Food was outstanding back then.
Started coming to the new restaurant that has been rebuilt since '66 and found the food to be outstanding. I have brought many friends here over the years and they all left feeling the same. Food quality is hard to beat. It is always tasty. Service is above average even when the lot is full of cars. We have been here with my wife's women's group and they love the place.

• Visited July 2013
Florida
“A 1960's Throwback”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Almost like walking into a time warp. It reminded me of places my parents took me as a youngster. I'm not sure that some of the 1960 customers were not still sitting at the same tables.

Candidly, the food was good but certainly not great. I'd compare it to an upscale diner. Nice sourdough toasted bread, though.

Visited June 2013
San Francisco
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been here several times and have liked everything I've ordered! This is what I've had here:

•French Dip - agree with Yelpers that this is wonderful!
•Steak fries - perfectly hot and crispy
•Cobb salad - very good
•Chicken Piccata small plate - very good and the carrots that come with it are delicious!

The waitresses remind me of the olden days but they're very good and efficient. This place is a little gem in San Ramon!

Visited June 2012
San Ramon
“What a pleasant surprise...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The only GOOD restaurant in all of San Ramon and Dublin I'm afraid...It's got basic food for a great price and the quality IS THERE. Beats any of "The Outback's" ANY day of the week in all respects to quality, cooking and serving of steaks and primerib and has a nice selection of fresh (not farmed) fish. You should be warned Friday and Saturday nights are PACKED, as with most good restaurants. Pay's to make a reservation. Is very noisy after 6 p.m.

• Visited May 2013