“Standard”

HYATT house San Ramon
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Standard room with a small kitchen. Small store with snacks downstairs is nice. Outdoor pool. Parking can be crowded but is free. Right off 680 and close to downtown Danville and all of San Ramon. Great business hotel. Stay was as expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for HYATT house San Ramon

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We spent two nights at the Hyatt House and enjoyed our stay. We had a mini suite with a couch and small kitchenette. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The included hot breakfast was excellent ... we had omelets made to order and there were many other choices as well. We appreciated that there was no extra charge for parking and an AARP discount. There's an IN-N-Out across the street if you want a quick burger. The elevator was quite slow, it is not possible to leave the air conditioning on when you're out of the room (we like to do this to cool the room down while we're our for dinner), and you can't leave a light on in the bathroom at night (they're motion activated to save energy) but these were only minor inconveniences. Overall we had a very pleasant stay..

Room Tip: If you don't want to wait for the slow elevator, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCH47
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here twice in the last 10 days, and both experiences were excellent.The rooms are spacious, however, when you open the couch bed, the room does require some moving furniture around to fit in. The breakfast were excellent, free wi-fi, which seems like the norm lately, very nice decor in lobby, and hallways filled with nice paintings. Big swimming pool and jacuzzi. Small fitness area but adequate. Close to all shopping and restaurants.Very good check-in and friendly staff. Would def stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank srimanone
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night this past weekend. We were in San Ramon for a friend's wedding and this was the hotel where they had a room block. Great rate at $100 per night on a Saturday. The hotel and room were surprisingly nice and the kitchenette with a full fridge was an added bonus. Great lighting in the bathroom, which is great when doing makeup for a wedding. My husband really love the bed, he said it was the best hotel bed he has slept on, and we stay in a lot of hotels. Only negatives were the hotel only has one elevator and the elevator is ridiculously slow moving. With the hotel being 100% full, it only made things worse. The hotel only has 4 floors and our room was on the 4th, so we just ended up taking the stairs. Not a big deal, but would have been much more annoying if we had a lot of luggage. Also, a complimentary breakfast is always nice to have, however the food was pretty awful and since the hotel was full, it was a very crowded breakfast area. Again, not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. Overall we were happy with the hotel and if in the area, we'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Hyatt House has spacious rooms, great complimentary breakfast, friendly staff and, above all, a "hot" hot tub. Try a made to order omelette or fresh fruit to start your day off right. The only drawback was the slow speed of the business center computers.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank becki4881
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We spent our last 2 nights here, before returning home to the UK, after a Christmas holiday in the mountains.
I didn't book this accomodation until a day or 2 before our arrival to this hotel. The reason we chose this place was based on a great stay in another Hyatt House at the start of our hol, and to do a day trip to San Fran from here was relatively easy and much, much cheaper than staying in SF.
From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome. We just caught the end of the complimentary evening food and drink provision.
The hotel felt very safe, very nicely decorated (especially the lobby with the big fire and Christmas tree) and had staff who were extremely helpful and friendly.
The room was very spacious and the bed was really comfy (a very important factor in any hotel stay). Even the bed settee was comfy!
The room had a small kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc).
I think these Hyatt houses represent extreme value for money, especially for a small family.
The hotel had a nice pool too - we did use it on our last day (1st Jan). The sun was shining so it was rude not to.
I think the area local to this hotel felt very safe. I walked over to the "safe ways" supermarket one eve and felt completely safe. Why I walked, I'm not sure - I had a perfectly good rental car to use. Maybe I'm just a mad Englishman!
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is when travelling with my family (wife and 2 very young daughters), feeling safe is right at the top of the list, and this area ticked that box.
I would stay here again at the drop of a hat!
I would also return to the Italian restaurant close by, which I have also reviewed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Audi_Chris
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at the Hyatt House during our move from WA to CA. My husband, two small children (2 & 4) & I stayed comfortably in the one bedroom suite. The free breakfast was a definite plus, since we stayed for 4 nights. It was good quality and saved us a lot of time as well as money. They also offer a cocktail hour during the weekdays, which is very nice. They have a decent outdoor pool and hot tub as well, my kids especially appreciated those. Nothing fancy here, but it's a nice place for a family during an extended stay in the San Ramon area.

Stayed: July 2013
Residence Inn San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
#3 of 8 in San Ramon
Best Western Danville Sycamore Inn

Been to HYATT house San Ramon? Share your experiences!