“Never stay at a pet friendly hotel”

Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Dog barking in the room next to me all night. Complained multiple times about it and on the last complaint I asked for another room....never got back to me. I feel like I just paid someone to make me miserable.

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m disappointed to learn that our pet-friendly policy did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Be sure to check in and that they communicate it with other staff. I checked in earlier in the day, room not ready so I told them I'd come back. When I arrived to accept the room I was told "hope you have a reservation we r full". Over all nice quiet stay in a very comfortable room, recliner, kitchen, counter area with two chairs and full size frig.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MCAF12

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was able to get a good rate through booking.com but when they made my reservation AFTER I showed them the booking.com rate they still charged me the regular rate I had to show her again. Then she said they would fix it.Then the room smelled like smoke ( I requested non-smoking) and it appears to be a regular problem after checking the reviews now. When I got home my credit card was charged an additional $88!! I called and asked to speak to manager. After being disconnected 3 times I was able to get it resolved but what a hassle.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms smells like smoking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have stayed in other extended stays and residence inns, but the experience in this was the worst.
Temperature controller in the room didn't work and even after complaining for three days in a row, it wasn't fixed by the time we checked out.
Bath tub wasn't clean. Service wasn't good either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. In response to your feedback regarding our level of customer service, I will meet with the entire staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

DONT USE PRICELINE!!!

I booked a room through priceline, received a confirmation number, showed up and no room was available. i was forced to sleep in my car that night. Anyways, I called priceline to try and get a credit and I never got a call back or even a response. I called my credit card to launch a dispute but priceline fought it citing their terms and conditions. So basically, I'm being forced to pay for a room that I wanted but did not get. And of course it's imposable to reach anyone at priceline...

Anyone, Is this fair?

Room Tip: Don't Use Priceline!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pete M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Pete - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so sorry that we were unable to accommodate you due to being overbooked. It is rare for this to happen, but when it does, our team is trained to assist our guests with relocating to another Extended Stay Hotel or finding another hotel. It is disheartening to know that we were unable to do this for you, and Priceline was unable to provide you with a refund. In response, I will be reviewing our procedures for this type of situation with the entire staff to avoid this from happening again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further in regards to your billing. If you would like, please contact me directly, at mcorrea@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had a few dr. appointments in San Ramon and decided to stay the night, instead of facing horrible traffic. I have never stayed at an Extended Stay before, but everything else in the area was booked. I reserved a deluxe non-smoking suite. After a long day of appointments, I got to the hotel, went to my room and was faced with not only the odor of new cigarette smoke, but very old cigarette smoke as well. The walls were yellow, which tells me there has been smoking in this room for a long time. I also discovered ashes on the sink in the bathroom and mold not only in the shower, but around the toilet. If you're looking for something a little updated, this is not the place. Not only was I told that the internet was going to be down for 5-6 hours, but they use shower curtains for their closet doors. I highly recommend that you do not stay here due to hazardous health issues because of mold and second hand smoke. After complaining about this room, which was room #301, she showed me another room on the backside of the building. The cigarette smell wasn't as bad, but the mold smell was horrible, especially in the bathroom. It was actually nauseating. I asked Kayla, the clerk that showed me the room, if she would stay in either one of these rooms, and she replied "NO." I rest my case.

Room Tip: The building needs to be condemned.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My hat's off to Manager Jacob for my 2 night stay at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West. I found my non-smoking, single, king-size bed room quite affordable, comforting, quite, and just what I needed while visiting San Ramon, CA for a spiritual retreat. Employees Kayla Austin (hmmm....I am a native Austin, TX gal :-) ), Jacilyn Ramerez (sp?), Mark Correra, and Maria were super nice and helpful. When in San Ramon, CA, I highly recommend staying at this place where I felt like it was a home away from home with folks that felt like fast friends and family just out of the blue! Thank you to everyone at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West for all you do on a daily basis to take such great care of each individual who happens your way. All the best, Love, and Peace, Heather Marie Watson from Austin, Texas (an Amma devotee) <3 <3 <3 and I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff politely, please :-)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
#3 of 8 in San Ramon
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!