Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
$182
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
$91
Motel 6
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
$129
$101
$130
$126
$239
Courtyard
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
$175
Official Website
$183
BestWestern.com
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
All reviewsbreakfast buffetnorthgate mallfree bottled waterwine countrymarin countyflat screen tvnorth of san franciscowater pressureconvenient locationpool and hot tubthe golden gate bridgeglass of winemuir woodslarkspur ferryfreewaypropertiessfo
Reviewed September 28, 2009

As you read the reviews you will find that this is a nice Sheraton Four Points. Great beds, HD Flat Panel TV, etc. Even a better deal when you use Will Shatners recommend way to book a hotel room. Will stat here again based on price.

Here is my complaint. I have stayed here a few times and have complained about there in room wireless internet connection. It makes dial up seem fast. When I commented the first time on the poor service they said connection was better in the front of the building then the rear. On this visit when I stayed in the front but there was no difference. I had to use the business center PC and when those were bust the PC in the lobby. Not exactly convenient for doing work after hours. There is no excuse in this day for poor internet service at this level of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ganon
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The bad (because that's usually what I'm looking for when I check a review): I got a smart a** at check in that didn't go over the usual things like where you get your breakfast that's included in your stay, where the fitness center is, etc. The bathrooms were ridiculously tiny. You had to step in alongside the toilet and turn around to close the door. There was a partially used bottle of lotion from the last guest(s) and the vent above the shower was in dire need of a cleaning. People with mold allergies probably wouldn't like this. My husband and I are both 5'6" and we stood taller than the shower head. Just a fair warning to those taller than 5'6" that this may not be an adequate/comfortable shower. The air conditioning in our unit was very loud and woke us up a couple of times when it turned on.

The good: Things appeared neat, orderly, and clean. The facilities and restaurant were beautifully decorated. We both liked the complimentary breakfast; it had a good assortment of food and friendly courteous staff waiting the tables. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. We were given a room next to the elevator which we didn't hear it at all.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank awatts
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This property is a little odd to get into sits on the top of the hill along the 101. It is very nicely furnished with a nice pool, wide halls, a restuarant and very nice roomy rooms. The biggest plus was a wonderful AAA rate thata was extremely low for this area at $96. Nothing bad about the property.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton with my family for several nights. We found the hotel clean and comfortable with a pleasant staff. The pool was very nice and the complimentary breakfast buffet each morning was good, and of course saved us some money on food for us.
We had a room on the courtyard/pool side with a nice view of the local hills. I can see how rooms on the other side with the highway could be a bit noisy as over reviewers have stated.
This location is a great staging area for everything in the bay area. You are only about 15 mintues north of San Francisco and a half hour or so south of Sonoma and Napa. You definetly need a car, only a small strip mall is within walking distance.
The only shortcomings were the broken treadmill (I was told a part was on order), the broken ice machine on the 4th floor (trips for ice were to the 3rd floor and only a minor inconvenience), and a broken elevator (one of them was being updated). There was also what I guess was a lack of motivation with roomservice clean up. We observed trays with dirty dishes and half-eaten food sitting in the hallway for several days.
Other than that this was a nice hotel that I would recommend to friends and would stay at again. Accept for the roomservice trays it was very clean with a relaxed atmosphere and very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank mcarp
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I have stayed at the Sheraton Four Points on several occasions, including several decades ago when it was a beautiful Holiday Inn. I've stayed there during its "declining years" as well, so I was very pleased with the recent remodeling. The location is perfect if you want to travel into San Francisco (about 20 minutes south), or to the wine country (about 30-45 minutes north). Terra Linda, where the hotel is located, is a quiet residential community with some decent shopping and restaurants nearby.

The hotel is situated up on a hill. There are courtyard rooms (recommended) with a view of the pool and the landscaped grounds. Other rooms overlook the parking lot, but even at that there is a great view of the rolling Marin hills beyond. And while the room A/C is a little noisy, the hotel itself is very quiet.

The room itself is very comfortable. Good comfy beds, lots of pillows, flat screen TV, coffeemaker and iron, free bottled water, and an okay desk area for working. Free WiFi as well, which was slow at times but overall adequate. The bathroom is a little cramped, but adequate. All the usual amenities, and lots of towels.

The hotel was built about 40 years ago I think, so despite the remodeling, a few areas still show a little age. While I was there, they were in the process of replacing the old elevators, which will be a definite improvement. The exterior spaces are clean and well maintained. If I have one real knock on the place, it's the housekeeping. The room was clean overall, but certainly not sparkling. Some dust in the corners, that sort of thing. Overall, I had the feeling that the housekeeping staff only does what's absolutely necessary and nothing more.

Breakfast is included, and it's a pretty good hot buffet. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, breads, fruit, cereal, and made to order omelettes. The restaurant is bright and pleasant, with a view of the pool area (you can also eat outside).

I got a rate of $129 through AAA, which included a full hot breakfast buffet for two. For the area, especially during summer, it's a very good value. It's also definitely preferable to staying in San Francisco, which has become a filthy, chaotic city that is losing all of its former charm. Better to stay outside the city, where it's cleaner, safer, and much more attractive, and this hotel offers a great alternative.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business